Tell us a couple TV commercials you can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
KFC's new creepy Colonel Sanders.

Lincoln commercials with Matthew McConaughey.

What's with them constantly switching actors to play Col Sanders? Why don't they just stick with one guy?

Customer feedback showed customers HATED the first new "live" incarnation of the Col. who my wife & I agree was not only the creepiest but just plain insulting in charachter. Norm Macdonald had prior baggage with the press & public is my best guess why he was let go. Now we have multiple live incarnations of Col. Sanders - Georgia Gold, Extra Crispy, Nashville Hot, and presumably Original Recipe.

They should have just stayed with an animated version.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
I don't watch much TV, only when I use the stair climber and do weights.

That’d be a great way to cut back on TV …
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The new Mr Clean guy look like a total wuss too!

He agrees (and stop paying too much to watch that)

Too many to list. But a rather common theme that has gotten very old is the dumb, dolt of a buffoon husband paired with the intelligent wife (or child). These commercials tend to denigrate men as clods.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Too many to list. But a rather common theme that has gotten very old is the dumb, dolt of a buffoon husband paired with the intelligent wife (or child). These commercials tend to denigrate men as clods.

That reminds me of alarm commercials … never mind …

I LOVED these!! Brings back wonderful memories of when I was a kid. Good days!! I was 10 and 8 years old. I remember my parents buying these records for my sister and I,and we played them all the time. Heck,I still have them!!

Men are the only unprotected class of people left to pick on!!

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Smoky14

Men are the only unprotected class of people left to pick on!!

Smoky

Isn't THAT the truth!

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Flo is beginning to look like a blimp.

Yeah and plastering more and more make up on her doesn't help with that...

Back in the early 2000s Hockey Night in Canada used to air these ads for Chevy trucks - I used to cringe when Bob Seger would wail "Like a rock, whoa whoa whoa, like a rock". It sounded like he was trying to pass a frozen turkey.

Originally Posted By: Number_35
Back in the early 2000s Hockey Night in Canada used to air these ads for Chevy trucks - I used to cringe when Bob Seger would wail "Like a rock, whoa whoa whoa, like a rock". It sounded like he was trying to pass a frozen turkey.

Ha ha ha.....yes he did. I remember those idiotic and corny commercials. Now Chevy has a bunch of "regular" millennial's gathered in a warehouse to ooh and aah at the new vehicle lineup while they spew "cool" catchphrases.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Customer feedback showed customers HATED the first new "live" incarnation of the Col. who my wife & I agree was not only the creepiest but just plain insulting in charachter. Norm Macdonald had prior baggage with the press & public is my best guess why he was let go. Now we have multiple live incarnations of Col. Sanders - Georgia Gold, Extra Crispy, Nashville Hot, and presumably Original Recipe.

They should have just stayed with an animated version.

pretty sure he is back, his voice at least, within a chimney. love norm on stern, great stuff

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Has the 'my pillow' infomercials been mentioned...?
crazy.gif

OMG!!!!!

Enough of this guy! Radio and TV....24/7 this ad comes on. Blue shirt....cross emblazoned on his chest....buy one get one offer. I'll bet he's making good money to afford all that advertising. Good for him...but I think I've heard enough of "My Pillow".

Originally Posted By: Number_35

LOL! Then there was SCTV’s K-Tel parody — Gordon Lightfoot sings every song ever written!

I wish I could find it on YouTube. It might even have been Lightfoot singing Happy Birthday, among snatches of others in the background as a scroll of song titles moved up the screen at light speed throughout the ad. It sure sounded like him. (He'd even have done it for the laugh, I bet.)

YouTube might have pulled the clip because of the Happy Birthday copyright kerfluffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back