Swaying/jumpy rearend when going over some bumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
um honda shocks never last to 167,000 miles.. those are definitely gone by now.

and yes definitely check the rear sway links.

I have sway bar links in shipping now.
There is KYB GR2 shocks available in wholesaler closeout at Rockauto.
It says:
Quote:
Closeout parts are our "clearance rack." They:
Are new (unless marked "remanufactured") but may be older inventory ("last year's style") and look different than our regular inventory of the same part (a different color, with a grease fitting newer parts do not have, etc.)
Were acquired at discounted prices from companies liquidating inventory (because they were overstocked, decided to carry a different brand, went out of business, etc.)
Are limited to quantity on hand and cannot be replaced with regular inventory at the same price

I have never bought their clearance stuff before, should I be worried? Or I should go with regular inventory?
It's almost 50% price difference.

Originally Posted By: wing0
It says:
Quote:
Are new (unless marked "remanufactured") but may be older inventory ("last year's style") and look different than our regular inventory of the same part (a different color, with a grease fitting newer parts do not have, etc.)
Were acquired at discounted prices from companies liquidating inventory (because they were overstocked, decided to carry a different brand, went out of business, etc.)
Are limited to quantity on hand and cannot be replaced with regular inventory at the same price

I have never bought their clearance stuff before, should I be worried? Or I should go with regular inventory?

the clearance stuff is just because its been at the warehouse, sucking up space, and they want to get it out of there. That's what that means. If you don't mind something a little older (2 yrs, for example) than try it! You could always return it, but you only have like a 30day warranty on it.

The KYB's should be good, but I know when I was doing my civic, the KYB shocks I received were leaking. I tried two sets (8 struts), all bad. I went with sachs and have been very happy with them.

Try the kyb's yours might be ok, mine was for a 96 civic. live a little, take a chance!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: researcher
Originally Posted By: wing0
It says:
Quote:

the clearance stuff is just because its been at the warehouse, sucking up space, and they want to get it out of there. That's what that means. If you don't mind something a little older (2 yrs, for example) than try it! You could always return it, but you only have like a 30day warranty on it.

The KYB's should be good, but I know when I was doing my civic, the KYB shocks I received were leaking. I tried two sets (8 struts), all bad. I went with sachs and have been very happy with them.

Try the kyb's yours might be ok, mine was for a 96 civic. live a little, take a chance!
cool.gif

I would take the chance, but returning it or exchanging would be a huge pain because of cross border shipping cost
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back