Suspension Qu

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of my cars, when going over uneven road, it feels as if the right hand side of the car is reacting to the road very independently to the left hand side, and vice versa.

Changing lane also produces this feeling.

Is something wrong or is my butt dino just noticing the road feel too much?

Last edited:
This is the nature of an independent suspension. Are you saying the feel is different for a similar sized bump?

When trying to diagnose something over the internet, please remember that more information is better. In this case, answering how recently you noticed this, as well as information about the car is pretty important.

Take a look at your anti-sway bar endlinks. A broken endlink is the same as having no anti-roll bar at all.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
When trying to diagnose something over the internet, please remember that more information is better. In this case, answering how recently you noticed this, as well as information about the car is pretty important.

Take a look at your anti-sway bar endlinks. A broken endlink is the same as having no anti-roll bar at all.

^ Very likely. Losing the anti-roll bar with bad sway bar links causes the car to flop around like a boat it seems.

Driving straight down the road, The anti roll bar has no effect on the suspension at all.

In every case a defective ARB will be rattly & noisey whether links are bad or bushings are worn.

wheel bearings
tie rod ends
lower contorl arms

I would check these in that order first but other things could be worn.

A bad sway bar generally makes clunks, but depending on how it is broken, it very well may not.
For instance, one end may be freely swinging in the breze, with no contact.

I'd check this closely first, then shocks/struts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back