Surgery Friday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
tig, the bright side is you had a 2 for 1 done!

I just had my GB taken out about a month ago. I was back to work in under a week, but I was still pretty sore for another week or so. The first 2 days after the surgery were the worst with the upper back and shoulder pain due to the gas bubbles. I had scar tissue from a long ago surgery, so I had 4 incisions instead of 3.

Originally Posted By: JTK

I just had my GB taken out about a month ago. I was back to work in under a week, but I was still pretty sore for another week or so. The first 2 days after the surgery were the worst with the upper back and shoulder pain due to the gas bubbles. I had scar tissue from a long ago surgery, so I had 4 incisions instead of 3.

I had four 1 in incision for the GB and one 1 in for the hernia and one 3 1/2 in for the hernia. Still quite sore, but may drive to the bank tomorrow. We'll see.

You didn’t say where your hernia was but mine was inguinal so sitting for any length of time was putting too much pressure on the stitches. I would sit long enough to eat. Mostly I walked slowly and laid on the couch.

Hope all is going well. You will be changing oil before you know it.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: JTK

I had four 1 in incision for the GB and one 1 in for the hernia and one 3 1/2 in for the hernia. Still quite sore, but may drive to the bank tomorrow. We'll see.

Just out of curiosity, how did it feel for you when you first woke up after surgery? I snapped out of it in a really nice, modern looking recovery area with the feeling of having steak knives plunged in my belly. IIRC, my first words were 'holy s--- this hurts!!' The nurse attending me said "It's gonna hurt honey! You just had surgery. Hang on.." She fiddled with an IV and poof, pain was gone! LOL! I had ice packs on and those inflatable sleeve things cycling on my legs.

Tig, get better! It's amazing now a days how fast we heal due to modern surgical techniques. I had 2 total knee replacements a year apart, 2015 and 2016. I'm one of those people that taking pain killers is the same as taking tic-tacs for the pain, useless
smirk.gif
. But I followed the therapy instructions and was up and around quickly, but still sore to say the least
grin.gif
. I have a great huge scar on each knee. They scare children when I wear shorts
lol.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back