Surgery Friday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Good luck. Try your best to wean yourself off the pain killers with time. In the meanwhile, enjoy the quality of the drugs.

Not a problem for me. A little pain is good for the soul.

It makes you appreciate the good life!

I remember my dad had it back in the 90s. Cool thing was,I walked in to see him right before the surgery and in walks his nurse and she's a friend of mine! That definitely gave me peace of mind. Well he was up and back to his self right afterwards.

Rest up and get well asap,and keep us posted!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Good luck and speedy recovery Tig.

Thanks Trav.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
tig1, pictures or it didn't happen!

Just kidding, get well soon.

Scott

LOL. I Have 5 one in. incisions and 1 3.5 in. incision. A pic wouldn't be pretty.
banana2.gif

Tig1, my mom had a similar operation and is doing great. She said she will pray you have a great recovery and I will too
smile.gif

I had hernia and gallbladder surgery early Friday morning. My belly looks like I got into a knife fight and lost. LOL. Anyway I am very sore, but hope to be up and around soon.
a

Glad you're still with us!

Get well soon!

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
tig1, pictures or it didn't happen!

Just kidding, get well soon.

Scott

LOL. I Have 5 one in. incisions and 1 3.5 in. incision. A pic wouldn't be pretty.
banana2.gif

Tig1, my mom had a similar operation and is doing great. She said she will pray you have a great recovery and I will too
smile.gif

Thank You very much and hope she continues to heal well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I had hernia and gallbladder surgery early Friday morning. My belly looks like I got into a knife fight and lost. LOL. Anyway I am very sore, but hope to be up and around soon.
a

Glad you're still with us!

Get well soon!

Thanks Astro. My wife of 52 years says she still needs me.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Kira
Were you to sneeze would your abdomen burst open and your guts spill out? Hope not

I had a really bad cough a few years ago... I got a bad hernia out of the deal
(I have to frequently push my intestines back in through the torn abdominal muscle)
and also cracked some ribs. Growing old SUCKS!!!!!!!

You should get that repaired,could end up with major bowel problems

I had laparoscopic hernia repair 11/2003 and I get where you are coming from. Probably not much different from how they do gall bladder removals today.

Take your time with the recovery and you'll be fine.

I don't know about the nature of your hernia repair. For a year or so, I would feel where the mesh was stitched in when I'd laugh or other occasions. Today, I don't ever feel it.

Hey Tig,
I would have mercifully come down from Wisconsin and donated my gallbladder for a transplant.. It's held up well over all these years on a good Wisconsin diet.

Tig - I just had mesh hernia surgery this past December. One suggestion for you. DO NOT get constipated. If you get constipated, the pain while doing #2 is epic. My doc gave me something called Lactulose. One tablespoon per day with 2 big glasses of water will fix you right up. Tastes lousy but works. Cost about 7 dollars for 30 days worth.

I had hernia surgery when I was a child. Alot of people have hernias and dont even know it. Glad you got things fixed up!

All the best and get well soon!

Now back to BITOG:
-Did they used Mobile 2 to lube the knifes?
-Make sure to mint yourself with a dab of MMO. every 2 hours. before 500 steps change.
-a crown vic would have been better. preferably one that had been in 15 years of police service.
-you are doing it wrong: your bed needs to be on Michelin tires.
-now you can post on the "body work" threads
-I read it on the internet

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Kira
Were you to sneeze would your abdomen burst open and your guts spill out? Hope not

I had a really bad cough a few years ago... I got a bad hernia out of the deal
(I have to frequently push my intestines back in through the torn abdominal muscle)
and also cracked some ribs. Growing old SUCKS!!!!!!!

You should get that repaired,could end up with major bowel problems

+1000! Having to push it back in is no bueno. If it strangles the bowel you have a very short time to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back