Supertech Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by MINItech
Just to update this topic 5-27-19 from Project Farm this week looks like the (Warren produced) SuperTech 5w30 Synthetic is finally now getting a higher count of moly additive from Blackstone Labs, the counts are 65 Supertech and 64 Amazon Basics. This oil is starting to look better and better.
grin.gif

I appreciate the update....I always like to hear what the lastest 'formula' for a brand is....

I've used ST syn and liked it.

Im using it now and I can't feel a difference compared to Pennzoil Platinum it replaced.

What OCI/vehicle are you running it? I've ran it in my Ford 2.5 for almost 7K....seemed fine...probably could have gone further with the 5.7 qt. sump.

Great oil depending on oci and engine. If I weren't on 10k oci with my Outback and M1 EP I'd do 5k with SuperT and feel a ok.

I used it for short 3k -5k on my 06 Expkorer and to date that engine (sold to my LT ) is now 250k+ and on the same ST 5-30 5k oci diet. Still running. No engine issues.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Great oil depending on oci and engine. If I weren't on 10k oci with my Outback and M1 EP I'd do 5k with SuperT and feel a ok.

I used it for short 3k -5k on my 06 Expkorer and to date that engine (sold to my LT ) is now 250k+ and on the same ST 5-30 5k oci diet. Still running. No engine issues.

I'm using Havoline right now because I got a good deal on it but I've used ST 5w30 fs HiMi and at 5k miles it still looked pretty good. I'd have no problem going back to it for my daily driver.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Im using it now and I can't feel a difference compared to Pennzoil Platinum it replaced.

I'm using it now and CAN feel a difference comparing the Mobil1 it replaced. Can't believe I said that!

*Good to know that Super Tech has added a decent shot of moly to their synthetics ... For my older PFI engines I will look at Super Tech 5W30 D1 / Gen 2 oil now for under 5K OCI's .
Originally Posted by MINItech
Just to update this topic 5-27-19 from Project Farm this week looks like the (Warren produced) SuperTech 5w30 Synthetic is finally now getting a higher count of moly additive from Blackstone Labs, the counts are 65 Supertech and 64 Amazon Basics. This oil is starting to look better and better.
grin.gif

I've used it before and like dave1251 said, never noticed any difference when compared to more expensive, brand name oils (no longer a rebate guy). This makes me wonder why I've not switched to using it exclusively since it meets my specs and has always shown excellent UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back