Supertech MP3614

I'm going with Yogi's statement here, "it's deja vu all over again." As noted, similar statement from FB/Fram reps when black nitrile first showed up on EG/TG. At some later point, did admit black was nitrile caused by supply issues. Many here speculated that early on.

Want silicone adbv on MP series, look for blue or orange. Run black adbv MP for 5k, be fine. As for later burn test result, sticking with Accam's. To this point on adbv material, only wrong once.
No reason to believe that you can’t run nitrile for 10k

No reason to believe that you can’t run nitrile for 10k
The OP stated multiple times he was going to run the MP filter with black nitrile adbv for 5k miles, thus the statement "Run black adbv MP for 5k, be fine". That specifically in response 'to the OP'. So, an appropriate and accurate reply as posted.

Otoh, if one chooses to run a nitrile adbv OF to 10k, mi., their vehicle(s), their call. Personally, I'd say 6month/6k mi. max be all "I" would want for OF with nitrile adbv. But imo, preferably 5k mi a good fci. Again though, not the point of the reply specifically to the OP.

Here's one I bought a few mos. ago...use in the Focus. 5K/1 year max OCI on that one so not really concerned about the 20K claim. Seems well made to me.
20230305_032411.jpg
20230305_032416.jpg
20230305_032424.jpg

aside from the black & blue story - last I knew CL makes AC Delco filters and the black ADV’s are AEM

So it’s like a happy medium between nitrile and silicone?
They are always pliable and holding oil on my 5.3L’s …
Can mainly speak for ACD because they note this on their site - and they look different …
(Actually a smooth/shiny material)

They are always pliable and holding oil on my 5.3L’s …
Can mainly speak for ACD because they note this on their site - and they look different …
(Actually a smooth/shiny material)
Doesn’t hurt that gm filters are almost always mounted adbv up too. I just ordered 12 champ xl filter and they have black valves, but since most Hondas have the filters mounted valve up or angled I’m not worried

Doesn’t hurt that gm filters are almost always mounted adbv up too. I just ordered 12 champ xl filter and they have black valves, but since most Hondas have the filters mounted valve up or angled I’m not worried
When I remove a vertical filter - it takes a full quart of oil to top it up …
Hard to imagine the filter holding more than 1/3 of that - plenty still runs out of the engine …

The topic ST MP series, though also made by Champ Labs is not an ACDelco and makes no claim of the black adbv being same as the latter. As such, I can't make that leap.

To topic, how would it make sense for the MP black adbv to be black "silicone" now because of stated supply chain issues. It would seem logical imo, that shortage is in the material for adbv, silicone. Also, the ST series uses black nitrile adbv.

Using KISS here, want (and paying for) silicone adbv on an MP series, look for original blue or orange.

The topic ST MP series, though also made by Champ Labs is not an ACDelco and makes no claim of the black adbv being same as the latter. As such, I can't make that leap.

To topic, how would it make sense for the MP black adbv to be black "silicone" now because of stated supply chain issues. It would seem logical imo, that shortage is in the material for adbv, silicone. Also, the ST series uses black nitrile adbv.

Using KISS here, want (and paying for) silicone adbv on an MP series, look for original blue or orange.
Yeah - but people here have assumed black = nitrile regardless of knowing it is or not …
I have only knowingly bought silicone in other than black - orange, blue, purple, etc …

Yeah - but people here have assumed black = nitrile regardless of knowing it is or not …
I have only knowingly bought silicone in other than black - orange, blue, purple, etc …
Plus, you’re like me: you have used probably hundreds of e cores without issues 👍🍻

I called Champ customer tech support this morning and asked if this filter is still being rated at 20k without the silicone valve and the representative says they are still silicone and that they are having a supply chain issue getting the blue color silicone. They have chosen to switch to a black silicone valve instead of halting production until the blue valves can be made. I’ll use it as I’m only running 5k max anyway but I just didn’t want to pay for something I wasn’t getting.
Why buy a 20,000 mile filter for 5,000 mile oil change intervals?

Correct. One would assume that is because it has been the most logical and commonly found accurate conclusion. As noted by you, the made for ACD calls their black adbv material something else. However, unlike 'the topic MP series' as mentioned by the OP early on, it does not claim 'black silicone'. Want silicone adbv in MP series, look for original blue or orange. My bet, the black adbv found on the MP, same as nitrile found on ST series.

As an aside, only one black adbv been proven here to be silicone, Toyota Thai Denso 90915-YZZD3.

Last edited:
Surfing more - AEM appears to be what lots of bonded gaskets are made from - transmission pans etc …
Back to filters - got UPF63R’s for $8 and plan to run OLM length OCI - should be good for that …
Think I‘ll pass on the ST’s for now …

aside from the black & blue story - last I knew CL makes AC Delco filters and the black ADV’s are AEM

Did ACDelco specifically say what material the ADBVs are? How did you conclude they are AEM? AEM seems to not be very good at low temperatures.

Did ACDelco specifically say what material the ADBVs are? How did you conclude they are AEM? AEM seems to not be very good at low temperatures.

Yes - and you have been in threads where this was discussed and with ACD material posted …

Yes - and you have been in threads where this was discussed and with ACD material posted …
LoL ... nobody can remember every conversation and 100,000 threads read and posted in over 12 years, and I don't focus much on ACDelco oil fitlers. How about a link then. 😄

Back