Quaker State Ultimate Protection is GTL Based! (or might not be; read full thread)

Same with the 2 dozen EHC buyers - why can’t they slip a small percentage in across thousands of gallons and still call it a synthetic … pretty loose standards for “synthetic” …
But then again base oil and particularly exchange is based on material properties (VI, saturates, sulfur, etc.) which is used to achieve a performance level in the finished product. Interchange specifically excludes method of production.

But then again base oil and particularly exchange is based on material properties (VI, saturates, sulfur, etc.) which is used to achieve a performance level in the finished product. Interchange specifically excludes method of production.
I get that - EHC is still cracked - my point is that EHC is cheaper than Grp3 which tends to be what we consider entry level synthetic …
P66 Grp3 is not cracked (method) …

I get that - EHC is still cracked - my point is that EHC is cheaper than Grp3 which tends to be what we consider entry level synthetic …
Interesting I didn’t know you could achieve Group III performance without hydrocracking.

You mean S-Oil?

P66 makes Grp IIs under pure performance. They had the contract with S-Oil for IIIs. That went to Motiva in 2021~ish.

Back