SuperTech 10W30 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Warren Buffett has anything to do with Warren Distribution? Warren Buffett's also from Omaha. Probably just coincidence.

Their site is down but I googled this....

"Warren Distribution, Inc. was founded in 1922 as Warren Oil Company by James
Schlott, the grandfather of Robert N. Schlott, the current Chairman / CEO. ... "

Note the present Warren Oil Company was founded in the mid-seventies in North Carolina. The present Warren Distribution WAS the Warren Oil Company.

I'm having trouble getting a number of web sites, but if memory is correct this is the remnanc of a larger company.

I dont think that Warren Oil and Warren Dist. are or have been associated in any way.Warren oil Co.was started by a Warren,I cant remember his first name.I received an e-mail from Warren Dist. stating that,"We are Warren
Distribution and have no affiliation with the company Warren Oil. Our
headquarters is in Omaha and the headquarters for Warren Oil is Dunn,
NC".I will try to find Warren Oils(NC)URL so others can read their history.

"Warren Distribution, Inc. was founded in 1922 as Warren Oil Company by James
Schlott, the grandfather of Robert N. Schlott, the current Chairman / CEO. ... "

Unfortunately about half the sites I try to access today aren't loading. I got this reference when I put Warren Oil into Google. It's about the fifth listing down. The clip is from the Warren Distribution web site. Could someone pull the entire quote up and let me know what it says?

Warren Distribution, Inc., is a manufacturer and wholesale distributor of automotive aftermarket products. The products sold by the company fall into three categories: lubricants and chemicals, accessories, and repair parts. We distribute all the categories including our manufactured lubricants and chemicals. Warren's customers for the private label lubricants and fluids include major oil companies, farm store chains, mass merchandisers, and convenience store chains. Customers for house brand lubricants and related products and for its distributed merchandise consists largely of smaller distributors, jobber stores, independent auto part retailers, grocery and drug chains, candy & tobacco distributors, and some oil distributors.

Warren Distribution is a Nebraska Corporation with its corporate offices in Omaha. Manufacturing and distribution facilities are located in Council Bluffs, Iowa and Guntersville, Alabama. Warren employs approximately 300 people. We are ISO 9001:2000 registered and we are committed to the continuous improvement of our products and processes.

Our Council Bluffs manufacturing facility, Warren Performance Packaging, includes more than 180,000 square feet on 7 acres along the Missouri River, just north of Interstate 80. At the plant, Warren blends lubricating oils and chemicals for automotive applications and makes plastic bottles. Packaging operations include plastic bottles (from 8 fluid ounces to 2.5 gallon), 5 gallon pails, drums, totes, and bulk transport loading. Much of the product made at the plant is packaged for private label marketers but a significant portion is packaged under Warren's house brands including MAG 1 and Polar.

The company's distribution center is located just east of the manufacturing facility on a 15 acre site and includes more than 150,000 square feet. Much of the product manufactured by Warren flows through the distribution center as do parts and accessories made by other nationally recognized companies.

Our Guntersville manufacturing and distribution facility, known as Warren Southeast, is dedicated to the production of private label brands. Manufacturing began in November, 2002.

Warren Distribution, Inc. was founded in 1922 as Warren Oil Company by James Schlott, the grandfather of Robert N. Schlott, the current Chairman / CEO. The business began by supplying lubricating oils and related products to the agricultural business in the surrounding area. Such business remains the principle focus of the firm today. In 1971, Terminal Packaging Corporation was founded in Council Bluffs, Iowa, as the manufacturer of plastic bottles and a packager of automotive coolants. This operation was later expanded to include lube oil blending and packaging. Terminal Packaging Corporation became a subsidiary of Warren Distribution in 1990 and in 1994 was merged into Warren. The manufacturing operation is known as Warren Performance Packaging today, an operating division of Warren Distribution.

In 1990, the combined sales of the entire company included approximately 70% distributed products and 30% of the company's own manufactured product. Today, more than half of the sales revenue of the combined company is from its own manufactured products. This shift is deliberate and indicates the strategic direction of the company.

Home Page

More about Warren Distribution

Vendor Line Card -or- What do we sell?

International Information

Employment Opportunities

MSDS

Contact Us

The site that TreeHugger posted is Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products.They are a munufacturer of Wal-Mart SuperTech motor oil and also of Mag1,Accel and Polar brands.They are not Warren Oil Company and according to a response from Warren Dist./WPP have nothing to do with Warren Oil Company.The following is some history about Warren Oil Company of North Carolina.

Warren Oil Company

Warren Oil Company was established in 1976 by Irvin Warren in a small building with 2 employees in Dunn, North Carolina. Today, Warren Oil Company is a national company with the corporate headquarters still in Dunn, North Carolina and plants in Alabama, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Texas, employing nearly 300 people

Warren Oil Company owns and operates five manufacturing and packaging facilities strategically located to serve customers nationwide. All facilities are equipped to manufacture and package a diverse product slate ranging from automotive motor oils to charcoal lighter fluid. Warren Oil Company holds the distinction of having the largest number of American Petroleum Institute Engine Oil Licenses in the United States. Warren Oil Company manufacturers and packages lubricants under several proprietary trademarks; e.g., Warren, Lubriguard, Autoguard, Itasca and Saxon. Additionally, Warren manufacturers and packages automotive, truck and small engine lubricants for several nationally known corporations and exports to more than 20 different countries

Engine Oils, Power Steering Fluid, Automatic Transmission Fluid, Outboard Oil, Tractor Fluids,Chainsaw Oil, Antifreeze, Oil Dry, Hydraulic Oils, Two-Cycle Oil, Windshield Washer Fluid, Lawnmower Oil,Gear Oils, Charcoal Lighter Fluid, Brake Fluid, Cleaner/ Degreaser, Greases, Cat Litter, Automotive Chemicals & Additives, Charcoal

Centrally located near Intersates I-95 & I-40 between Benson & Dunn, NC on Highway 301 North. Please call for more specific dierections.

Monday - Friday 8-5

www.warrenoil.com

Agri Supply, Winn Dixie, Food, Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Family Dollar, Do It Best Hardware Stores and many more!
Warren Oil Company, Inc.
Sales
P.O. Box 1507
Dunn, NC 28335
HARNETT County
Map It at MapQuest.com
Phone: 910-892-6456
Fax: 910-892-4245
[email protected]

Sorry about some of my spellingin the earlier post.Warren Oil Company of North Carolina has recently bought out Coastal Unilube and now will go by Warren Unilube.Coastal as of a few weeks ago,and probably still is the supplier of Advance Auto Parts house brand of motor oi.

Dunn NC is just up the road from me about 30 miles. I live right off I-40 towards Wilmington NC.

I might take a little ride up there and see what I can see.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
Does anybody know if the dino stuff is group 1 or 2?

I think it is probably both group I and II blended basestock . In fact this forum in general would be suprised to see how many brands they think are entirely group II in the SL GF-3's currently available that do have some group I in them especially when you leave the 5w-30 range and go into the higher vi oils such as 10w-40's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back