Super Tech Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
I'd assume that's what AOC is. Good stuff.

BTW, I lived in Lutz from 99-2011!

Right on , I have immediate family in Lutz. But , I live in northwest Lakeland.

Do you think that's the same oil a Amalie Elixir full syn ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Maybe it is the Elixir full synthetic. Or.. could be Wolf's Head full synthetic.

Thanks bb.

I can answer this question, I used to work at Safety-Kleen, the worlds largest waste oil re-refiner, Super Tech oil is re-refined oil from Safety-Kleen systems, their facility is near Chicago, all of the collected waste oil gets shipped there where it is distilled.
Once distilled all that is left is 100% clean pure base stock, which is then sold, additives added and made back into brand new motor oil.
Full synthetics get the synthetic additives, dino juice gets the dino additives, viscosity modifiers etc.
All oils are of the same base stock, ATF, gear oil and motor oil. Safety-Kleen does sell their branded lubricating oils, which the US military uses, my oldest son is a mechanic in the Army and confirmed this for me.
The only difference between Super Tech and other oils is the quality of the additive packages and the name on the bottle.

The base stock never ever wears out, it is only the additive's that wear out,
This is true for all oils and coolants.
The additives wear out and the base stock gets contaminated, replenish the additives and clean the base stock and it is as good as new.
Pretty cool stuff.

Originally Posted By: Spike555
I can answer this question, I used to work at Safety-Kleen, the worlds largest waste oil re-refiner, Super Tech oil is re-refined oil from Safety-Kleen systems, their facility is near Chicago, all of the collected waste oil gets shipped there where it is distilled.
Once distilled all that is left is 100% clean pure base stock, which is then sold, additives added and made back into brand new motor oil.
Full synthetics get the synthetic additives, dino juice gets the dino additives, viscosity modifiers etc.
All oils are of the same base stock, ATF, gear oil and motor oil. Safety-Kleen does sell their branded lubricating oils, which the US military uses, my oldest son is a mechanic in the Army and confirmed this for me.
The only difference between Super Tech and other oils is the quality of the additive packages and the name on the bottle.

The base stock never ever wears out, it is only the additive's that wear out,
This is true for all oils and coolants.
The additives wear out and the base stock gets contaminated, replenish the additives and clean the base stock and it is as good as new.
Pretty cool stuff.

I thought ST was made by WPP out of the Nebraska area? Why the WPP/WNE on bottom of my quarts and jugs?

I don't believe that is the case around the US. It is sourced regionally by however is nearest. The bottle in this thread has an aoc on the bottom of it and the container is just like Amalie. That oil is made by Amalie in that area in Florida and points near by there. Warren PNE makes it for the region near them and Citgo makes it for the region near them. Safety clean may well make it for a region near their place has well. But it is not likely a Nationwide distribution. I could be wrong about this but I kind of don't think so.

Last edited:
It's a miracle they can make anything out of those big dump bins at the local parts houses. Lord only knows what gets dumped in those things...

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I don't believe that is the case around the US. It is sourced regionally by however is nearest. The bottle in this thread has an aoc on the bottom of it and the container is just like Amalie. That oil is made by Amalie in that area in Florida and points near by there. Warren PNE makes it for the region near them and Citgo makes it for the region near them. Safety clean may well make it for a region near their place has well. But it is not likely a Nationwide distribution. I could be wrong about this but I kind of don't think so.

Dad just got some quarts SAE 30HD Super Tech and 15w40 ST oils. All have WPP on bottom so no Safety Kleen here in SW PA
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: johnD2
It's a miracle they can make anything out of those big dump bins at the local parts houses. Lord only knows what gets dumped in those things...

Heat and filtration

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Originally Posted By: johnD2

Heat and filtration

No filtration needed, distilled. Heat used oil under high pressure, VOC's boil off, they are condensed, repeat twice more.
Whats left is 100% clean and pure base stock. All contaminates settle to the bottom of the still, they are then collected and burned as fuel for various things, like power plants.

Metals are recycled. Non combustibles that cannot be recycled are sent to a landfill. All the ash is used as firtalizer for fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back