Super Tech D1G3 5w30

12qt wine-in-a-box for $45.98 at WM, seems too good to be true right? I'm going to be running it in both my Reatta and our '06 Spectra 2.0. I went with a Fram XG3980 for the Reatta, there's plenty of room for the added length vs. the shorter 3387A. The Spectra is getting whatever ST "maximum performance" 20k filter they had in stock.

I almost forgot to check the filters before checking out, but I'm glad I remembered. The ST filter had a huge dent in the side of the can, as did the next SEVEN in the row. I had to dig back to the last filter on the rack to find one that wasn't damaged.

It's crazy to me how many of the filters are dented. What the heck happens to these things during shipping? I've stopped buying filters from Amazon altogether after it seemed every filter I received had a giant dent in the can.

That works out to $19.16 for 5qts so not amazing. A more convenient 5 quart jug is 19.98. And I've never had a dented filter. I've only ever had mix matched filters which has happened just 2 times ever. But i go to return them. I check the box to make sure they're the right number but not for any dents. Having 7 dented filters in a row means something happened.

Huh, I guess the 5qt jug is about the same price, however I've got separate measuring devices which allows me to just leave the box on a shelf, like a tap.

Back