Sump Pumps With Check Valve

I just make the wet mess on the floor but next time I have it split apart I've got a manual lever valve I'm going to install further up so I won't have as much water coming out the next time. I have about 20 feet of 2" pipe full of water each time. I'd bet you don't have that much water to lose. I recently installed the Hydrocheck switch on the primary.

https://www.hydrocheckproducts.com/product-page/hc6000-hi-low-sump-controller-dual-float

At my buddy's house where I just helped him with a pressure tank change out and converted the hard plastic into pex setup.
his is a straight shot out prob 10ft.

At the parents house it goes around 2 walls and up 6ft so... probably 20-30ft.
sump pit in sorta centered on inside(middle) wall in basement. Who knows why.

At my buddy's house where I just helped him with a pressure tank change out and converted the hard plastic into pex setup.
his is a straight shot out prob 10ft.

At the parents house it goes around 2 walls and up 6ft so... probably 20-30ft.
sump pit in sorta centered on inside(middle) wall in basement. Who knows why.
Pex is great. One of the best advancements in piping.

My sump pipe travels all the way to the ditch to empty. I haven't measured the full distance. I didn't want it to just dump out right next to the house. Whatever it takes to get the water away from the house foundation. 👍

Something like this should work . $15 total from Lowes

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 20-10-16 Charlotte Pipe 1-1_2-in PVC DWV Sanitary Tee Fitting for Dra...png

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 20-16-22 RELIABILT 1-1_2-in PVC x 1-1_2-in PVC Ball Valve in the Ball...png

@Warstud -did you have any better results with a certain brand of pump? One of ours that gets more use is almost 10 years old. It only comes on after lots of rain though now that I’ve buried all my downspouts and they discharge further from the house.
I have 2 pumps in my house that are Wayne and Zoeller. Get the more expensive cast iron Wayne units and they are good. I have gotten 10+ years from a 1/3hp Wayne that runs a lot. Some years mine runs in the winter. Most of the professionals put in Zoeller from what I can tell. They are a little more expensive, but better than having water in your basement and parts are available easily.

You have a good point . But I've had to replace 4 Sump Pumps since I lived here . The check valves need replacing every few years from what I read . And come summer I'd like to replace all the piping with PVC , right now it half PVC and Metal .
I have 4 check valves 3 on 3 of the pumps but I have the 4th primary "spring loaded" one up the pipe about 2-3 feet. You'll get more lifespan out of the pump valves.

Back