Subaru MT trans fluid

That’s not “really” the right Redline fluid for Subaru manuals… this is where you’d want the 75w90NS. Hope it works out for you.
Sure it could be beneficial to use 75w90NS. However, both being GL-5 gear rated the OP's choice should be suitable.

That motul product wasnt available in 2016?.. but it definitely works..
GL-5 and marketed for transmission use.
Not sure when it hit the market but I'm using it right now in my '14 Forester with the 6MT. Has made my downshifts much nicer the mystery oil that was in prior. I think it's a syn blend, so cheaper than the Gear 300. I tried to go that route, but due to supply chain issues over the last few years it was crazy money, so motyl gear it was!

Not sure when it hit the market but I'm using it right now in my '14 Forester with the 6MT. Has made my downshifts much nicer the mystery oil that was in prior. I think it's a syn blend, so cheaper than the Gear 300. I tried to go that route, but due to supply chain issues over the last few years it was crazy money, so motyl gear it was!
It's old product, may be +10 years. I used it years ago.
It's fake syn yes, but typical good Motul II/III. It's mild GL5, something like GL4+, but GL5 additive anyway.

my 2001 5 spd O2J specd a GL4 to protect the yellow metals, i used redline mt 90 + thats whats in my O6M 6 spd 2001 audi TT which shifts better than the OE or whatever was in it!!

Most GL-5such as motul gear 300, redline 75w90NS etc.
I live in northern Indiana and can say in no uncertain terms that BOTH of these fluids were less than pleasant in subzero weather in my Forester MT. Since OP lives in VT, I would say that’s even harsher winters but may be wrong.

You’d have to ask @MolaKule or one of the lubricant manufacturers to look at the PDS of those two and make a better fluid recommendation IMO. 👍🏻

Thoughts and opinions are welcome and encouraged.
This is what you want for your application: https://www.redlineoil.com/75w90-ns-gl-5-gear-oil

1706232376577.jpg

Welcome to silky-smooth shifting.

Back