Fluids for 2016 Mustang GT

Hi,

I'm a novice track driver looking to change all his fluids before the upcoming season. I found this forum while (attempting) to research what fluids to use in my car.

I am ok paying for premium fluids if they are actually higher quality.

For brake fluid I landed on Castrol SRF, a bit pricey but guaranteed to last me a season.

My concerns are with Transmission and Rear Axle fluid.

For the Rear Axle fluid (3.31, non-Torsen) I reviewed this thread: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/mega-75w90-testing-thread.378175/

Motul, Amsoil and Redline all look good. Even going with Mobil 1 and changing it each season seems viable.

Any reason I shouldn't assume the Redline 75W85 is of equal quality to the 75W90?

A lot of people seem to love the BG Ultra-Guard, but I'm not finding much in the way of solid test results for them. Anyone used that or is there a test floating around I'm missing?

For the transmission fluid (Manual, MT-82) I was looking at BG Syncro Shift II, Motul DCTF or Amsoil DCT. All list Ford standard WSS-M2C200-D2.

Motul seemed more available, but wasn't listed as "recommended" on their site so I reached out to them and the conversation was... weird. They recommended 109464, told me they didn't sell it when it's on their shop, and linked me to some weird store called newparts.com. I asked them if 109464 and 105786 were the same, and they told me they were not because 105786 was GL4 rated for off-road use (???).

Does anyone know about the Motul DCTF? The back/forth with their CS kinda made me want to abort mission and just buy more Motorcraft XT-11-QDC.

A lot of Mustang drivers seem to use the BG, but I've read some dissenting opinions about it's use long term. Some here and some on Mustang track forums.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I would skip the BG. If straying away from Motorcraft, Amsoil or Motul would be my preference especially if I could acquire locally or in a reasonable amount of time from Bezos-Mart.

track driver

For brake fluid I landed on Castrol SRF, a bit pricey but guaranteed to last me a season.

For the Rear Axle fluid (3.31, non-Torsen)

Motul, Amsoil and Redline all look good. Even going with Mobil 1 and changing it each season seems viable.

For the transmission fluid (Manual, MT-82) I was looking at BG Syncro Shift II, Motul DCTF or Amsoil DCT.

Motul ........ their shop

You might find the mistakes yourself.

I would skip the BG. If straying away from Motorcraft, Amsoil or Motul would be my preference especially if I could acquire locally or in a reasonable amount of time from Bezos-Mart.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure our rear ends are very different between S197 and S550, but what do you run in your MT-82?

You might find the mistakes yourself.
I'm unsure if you don't get my post or you don't know the vehicle / fluid standard. The MT-82 takes DCT fluid, that's what the Ford WSS-M2C200-D2 standard is.

Do you have any help to offer with the fluid questions or are you just trolling me?

I guess I'm in the wrong place if I'm a noob looking for help / to learn. Thanks though.

BRAKES:
No brake fluid is going to last you a season. Change your fluid before every event, or at least get some new fluid in the calipers with a short bleeding. Higher boiling point fluids are usually MORE hydroscopic, meaning they work well for a short time but need more frequent changing.

What brake pads are you running? Does your car have the performance 15" brakes, or the the standard 14" GT brakes? If using the standard GT brakes, you are going to need to change the factory style rotors to ones WITHOUT an inverted hat design, otherwise you will never by able to keep them cool on track. You are also going to want the GT Performance pack front lower splitter, which comes with brake cooling channels. If your car has the base brakes, just pay the money and get the 15" GT Performance pack brakes, they are excellent.
I track my mustang about 5-7 times a year at COTA, which is hard on brakes, and I bleed 1 liter of fluid through the system before every event. I use Bosch 5.1 fluid, decently high boiling point which is within my measured operation range, and only $22 a liter on Amazon. I haven't had a need for anything "better."

Here is a good video for you talking about S550 brakes.

DIFF:
Your differential, with the tac-lok differential (non-torsion), is going to need more frequent maintenance than a torsion. For track duty, expect to replace the clutches every season, and I'd change the fluid every few events. Any good quality synthetic 75w-90 (or 85) will be fine. If you are using big sticky tires, you may need to invest in diff cooling, as the S550 cars can overheat the stock diffs without a cooler.

Engine:
Do you have an oil cooler? You are probably going to need one on track, I know a lot of mustang drivers who needed to add an oil cooler if their factory package didn't have one. Run 5w50 if you have a Coyote on track.

Back