Stumped by the numbers help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wymi516
It was a 35 year old 25acp auto brand new in the box. The brand was "Fraser", he said he paid about $100.00 new for it. I looked at it before he went and did the deal, it was stainless w black grips and clean.

Like this one? - $265 used. LINK

Or this one for $200 - LINK

No wonder the gun shop doesn't want to give him back the gun. If they were smart they would hand him $60 and say we're square.

Don't go down the state gun regs trail or this thread will be locked and gone. Nothing to do with the subject.

It sounds like they stole the pistol and want to steal what they gave. There is some due diligence lacking in this, a person has some responsibility to know the value of things.
Good on you helping out but don't expect smiles from the gun shop.

I wouldn't think they think that they keep the 60.00 and firearm. The 2 receipts must throw the salesperson and they believe he was paid the 60.00 instead of putting it towards the purchase price. Should be an easy fix if the problem is carefully explained to the manager at Cabelas

Did Cabela's run the background check? How much does Cabela's charge for the NICS and their FFL fee?

Cabelas wouldn't charge for a 4473 NICS check I dont think. For the amount they offered for it he should have just kept it or threw in his tackle box or something. At 60.00 I first though Hi Point.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
It was a 35 year old 25acp auto brand new in the box. The brand was "Fraser", he said he paid about $100.00 new for it. I looked at it before he went and did the deal, it was stainless w black grips and clean.

Like this one? - $265 used. LINK

Or this one for $200 - LINK

No wonder the gun shop doesn't want to give him back the gun. If they were smart they would hand him $60 and say we're square.

Yes, that's the gun. His was in better shape and had a lower serial number then those.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Did Cabela's run the background check? How much does Cabela's charge for the NICS and their FFL fee?

Looking at his receipt they charged $4.00 for the background check. No FFL fee that I can see but there was a $25.00 Cook County firearm tax on there. We found the same gun he wanted $70.00 cheaper and there's no firearm tax in the county where we found that gun. That's a $95.00 savings, I'll take him there tomorrow after we settle up with Cabelas.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

Looking at his receipt they charged $4.00 for the background check. No FFL fee that I can see but there was a $25.00 Cook County firearm tax on there. We found the same gun he wanted $70.00 cheaper and there's no firearm tax in the county where we found that gun. That's a $95.00 savings, I'll take him there tomorrow after we settle up with Cabelas.

Hope it goes well. Your friend paid his old gun plus cash for the new gun. He cancelled the purchase of the new gun. He should get refunded his old gun plus what he paid minus any pass through fees paid by Cabela's. Now, getting the handgun back might entail some fees that you'll have to negotiate.

My neighbor sold a firearm for $60.00 to local gun store. He used that $60.00 towards the purchase of another firearm. The gun store deducted $60.00 off the price of the new firearm. He then decided that he didn't want the new firearm. The gun store refunded the purchase price which was reduced by the $60.00 sale of his firearm. He feels he was cheated because he got the reduced purchase price refunded and they kept his firearm saying they already bought it and could not just give it back to him. He feels he's owed the $60.00 for his original firearm. Who's right here?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

doesn't sound like the brightest light bulb in the box

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
My neighbor sold a firearm for $60.00 to local gun store. He used that $60.00 towards the purchase of another firearm. The gun store deducted $60.00 off the price of the new firearm. He then decided that he didn't want the new firearm. The gun store refunded the purchase price which was reduced by the $60.00 sale of his firearm. He feels he was cheated because he got the reduced purchase price refunded and they kept his firearm saying they already bought it and could not just give it back to him. He feels he's owed the $60.00 for his original firearm. Who's right here?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

doesn't sound like the brightest light bulb in the box

Ed is 81 years old so I cut him some slack on things like this.
We went to Cabelas this morning, they put the $60.00 on a gift card for him and he's happy with that. The cashier that gave him the refund didn't notice the $60.00 price reduction was from his trade in, that's where the confusion on the refund came in. Thanks again for all the replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back