Strongest ceramic pads for performance?

I prefer semi-metallic for their bite, but on a daily driver that I share with my parents I hate dealing with brake dust cleanoff. What have you guys found to be your preference? I found the Raybestos hybrid pads to be not too bad, but nothing special.

Use Akebono ProAct but for quiet and dust free. No issues in 15+ years. But I use OE on the BMW and would not use ceramics. I just deal with the dust and eventually noise from the rears

What kind of car is it? :unsure:

Akebono has their performance pads ASP for some cars. If it's a European car, then Akebono Euro is the gold standard.

There's also EBC Redstuff, but I don't know how they would be when cold. EBC also makes daily driver pads called Ultimax2 and sometimes called Blackstuff. The Blackstuff is a non-metallic pad with really good bite.

i was an akebono guy, but later started trying a few other brands like hawk and finally tried the raybestos element3. If you favor stopping power, imma suggest the raybestos.

I've been happy with the raybestos element 3 on the hyundai elantra front brakes.. stops similar to stock (better than before I changed out the used oem pads)

What car?

I just intalled Raybestos Element 3 ceramics on my Bimmer.

I have driven less than 10 miles, but they feel pretty good so far

I use Brembo NAO brake pads on my F30 328i. Less initial bite compared to the stock BMW pad but it's smooth, quiet, and has minimal dust.

Last edited:
The power stop z36 / z26 are good.
The raybestos element 3 are also another higher end ceramic pad I have used.

What car?

I just intalled Raybestos Element 3 ceramics on my Bimmer.

I have driven less than 10 miles, but they feel pretty good so far
Important question. Because if the vehicle didn't come with ceramics, and one is installing them, it's reasonable to expect a trade off.

My car is predictable--with the OE brake pads, at about 19k-25k, the rears go squeak squeak squeak. I remember back in 2009 or so going round and round with dealership and they did everything short of replacing the rotors and pads (heck it should have been covered as those were free maintenance AND the car was under 12k but I wimped out). They literally removed the pads twice, cleaned their backs, and applied paste. When I did the rear brakes myself, gone, 100%. It's back. Maybe ceramics would get rid of the sound.

I’ve got Akebono Euro Ceramic, on the S600, the XC-70, both V-70 T5, and just put them on the XC-90. That’s five cars, many hundreds of thousands miles of driving on them.

My experience - smooth, quiet, long lasting, low dust.

Same performance. Absolutely recommend them.

What kind of car is it? :unsure:

Akebono has their performance pads ASP for some cars. If it's a European car, then Akebono Euro is the gold standard.

There's also EBC Redstuff, but I don't know how they would be when cold. EBC also makes daily driver pads called Ultimax2 and sometimes called Blackstuff. The Blackstuff is a non-metallic pad with really good bite.
EBC red stuff will dust.

Back