Stop Saying It!

To Be Honest With You.

So, does this mean everything else you said prior was a lie or distortion?
I have a friend of 35 years and I weened him off of this. He didn't know he was saying it 25 times an hour.

My Favorite?
TO BE TOTALLY HONEST WITH YOU.

Does this mean that prior you weren't totally honest?
What percentage of truth earns the totally honest labeling?

What maybe >50% is being totally honest?
Wouldn't it be easier just to be honest period?

Most chiselers deal in this wordsmithery.
I watched several police shows and these phrases from both sides happened with alarming frequency..
Just an observation. Don't get your knickers all wadded up.

It comes off to me as being disingenuous. How about you????
To be totally honest with you all.... Thats all I have to say...

Cheers... another winner :)
Great 1991 film - “Other People’s Money” - VP starts an answer for the tycoon (Danny D): may I be frank with you?
(Danny D had a similar response to this) …

To Be Honest With You.

So, does this mean everything else you said prior was a lie or distortion?
I have a friend of 35 years and I weened him off of this. He didn't know he was saying it 25 times an hour.

My Favorite?
TO BE TOTALLY HONEST WITH YOU.

Does this mean that prior you weren't totally honest?
What percentage of truth earns the totally honest labeling?

What maybe >50% is being totally honest?
Wouldn't it be easier just to be honest period?

Most chiselers deal in this wordsmithery.
I watched several police shows and these phrases from both sides happened with alarming frequency..
Just an observation. Don't get your knickers all wadded up.

It comes off to me as being disingenuous. How about you????
To be totally honest with you all.... Thats all I have to say...

Cheers... another winner :)
"Hygienic Clean" all of the soaps and detergents now say this. So they weren't really clean before?

Definitely hate that one. People are using it left and right these days, and 99% of the time, it's not even used properly. Like they're just throwing an extra four-syllable word in their sentence!
I keep mentioning that to the wife. Some people literally use “literally” when the condition/situation is the opposite

Last edited:
I'm good with it all...just don't type "thanks in advance" in emails or online posts.

I hate corporate speak… synergies, think outside the box, core competencies and alike
It's the worst. My favorite I ever heard was "Let's continue to sharpen the pencil on this one". Seriously? Why not just say "Let's continue to work through possible solutions to this problem.". This manager was the worst for corporate speak garbage in meetings.

Edit. I'm glad I'm in an industry (mining/geology) where people drop f bombs in meetings vs. this corporate speak gobbly gook!

Last edited:
It's the worst. My favorite I ever heard was "Let's continue to sharpen the pencil on this one". Seriously? Why not just say "Let's continue to work through possible solutions to this problem.". This manager was the worst for corporate speak garbage in meetings.
I didn't know what GOAT meant until this year. And for 4 years, I had the GOAT parking space in the garage (for me it's being protected both sides by concrete--for others, it's shortest distance to the elevators).

I didn't know what GOAT meant until this year. And for 4 years, I had the GOAT parking space in the garage (for me it's being protected both sides by concrete--for others, it's shortest distance to the elevators).
You sure sharpened the pencil on that one and found parking synergies with cross-functional group metrics to explode into new markets with innovative diversity!

You sure sharpened the pencil on that one and found parking synergies with cross-functional group metrics to explode into new markets with innovative diversity!
Yeah there's a woman in my co in charge of all that, and she helped me big time!

^^Beat me to it TiGeo^^
On a different note: When I was of high school age, 'goat' was a nickname for the Pontiac GTO.
And that's why I'm an axe murderer today.
I really hated that one....and it's their fault.

Back