Stock market!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by Railrust
Honestly, I'd probably start buying now - take advantage of the situation - 20 years ago I bought Boeing stock two days after 911...wish I held on to it....paid $34 dollars a share...two months ago it was like $300. Boeing has gotten killed the past two weeks, same with airlines and cruise lines....might be time to buy and hold.

I sold 200 shares of Boeing at around $320 a week or so ago. Holy moly it got hammered. It's down to $171 today.

Are you paying attention LOL it closed at $154 and change.

Various freight indices were in downtrend all 2019, reflecting quiet contraction, plus inverted curve - all typical signs of the end of a credit cycle, classic old measures when everybody tells you this time is different.
Yet another illustration that FED data is lagging and they are a bunch of inept academics disconnected from real life.

My bottom is in post got deleted because I admitted it was in part a gag post, but lets face it...we not Wall Street traders and these posts should be treated more as entertainment then financial advice.

So I will say as an uneducated guess...as a man who has been wrong in the past about such matters...and I make that disclaimer because I want my call to be treated as entertainment value. The bottom is in...

Graph is S&P futures

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Premarket futures are green for Friday the 13th. DOW up 490 points. But who knows what will actually happen during day trading. Probably is up because many think it's time to buy since the market is down about 25% so far for 2020. Could be more dead cat bouncing.

Here is my logic...and again I am not a trading pro but an average Joe whose musings should be seen as entertainment...

Both the virus and Saudi Russian oil price war are temporary events. They wont be here forever. I drive for a living and KNOW that prices for gas in May are always the highest. I also know "my people" over here. They not staying in a bunker forever. Eventually they going out virus or no virus.

Therefore this is the market bottom and I would buy the XLE right here right now. Just buy it...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by double vanos
Now's the time to start shopping around for some good dividend paying stocks. Discounts everywhere!

A high dividend yield ETF is what I'm looking at.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Omg!!! Obviously the best time to sell would have been like a month ago then get back in when it's at the bottom, but too late for that now. Am I the only one who believes to just ride it out and wait for it to turn around? Usually after a big downturn it rebounds a good bit past the previous high a year or two later. It doesn't make sense to sell now and lose all the shares. I actually went ahead and bought more, although I should have waited cause I didn't know I could have bought it much cheaper.

I have done exactly the same as you.

Smart people (or lucky as in my case) put their investments into a guaranteed fund before all of this started. For those who don't know, a guaranteed fund can't lose value due to changes in the market. I put all of my investments into one of these several months ago, and I did so because I'm getting close to retirement...these funds don't earn as much as others because they are a low (or no) risk fund...

Originally Posted by PimTac
Do you know why the market futures are up so much this morning?

Because there is no reason for the market to be down so much, except hysteria and any signs that the hysteria is going to prove just that, stocks will stabilize and rebound a bit.
The big bad China virus, wow, well, how is it that Apple has already reopened all its stores in China. Over a billion people in China and only a fraction infected and the Apple factory is up and running again and all the stores reopened.

Maybe better said, is the company you were invested in last month, really worth that much less money as its stock has fallen this month?
We really dont know that answer yet, depends if you think this virus is going to take over the world, so far, it hasn't even come close, only thing that has is baseless hysteria.

Last edited:
Oil looks to be at a familar floor. The Saudis dont want it going lower. Buy the XLE right here right now.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by PimTac
Do you know why the market futures are up so much this morning?

Because there is no reason for the market to be down so much, except hysteria and any signs that the hysteria is going to prove just that, stocks will stabilize and rebound a bit.
The big bad China virus, wow, well, how is it that Apple has already reopened all its stores in China. Over a billion people in China and only a fraction infected and the Apple factory is up and running again and all the stores reopened.

Maybe better said, is the company you were invested in last month, really worth that much less money as its stock has fallen this month?
We really dont know that answer yet, depends if you think this virus is going to take over the world, so far, it hasn't even come close, only thing that has is baseless hysteria.

So no mention of the almost $1 trillion dollars the Fed is pumping into the markets this morning? How about Japan? China? They too have opened the spigots wide open.

It's not confirmation yet.

The news media like CNN try to reason the market out but if anyone could reason it out they would be a billionaire. The market usually pivots during the worst of times and during the best of times.

Lets face it. This virus is like the flu. Its not the bubonic plague. CNN overhyping it and probably to depress the market so billionaire investors can jump in. Watch then they dump in May.

Oh yeah...the Fed is another gorilla in the room too. That going to magnify the bounce. Again this isnt tech crash or mortgage meltdown...its simply an overhyped virus which most get over in a few days like the flu.

Yes, amazing how the 1 trillion was met with a yawn on Wall Street yesterday.
For me the value is there or not.

... and again with Navi ... this world has gone nuts with mass media "news" soap operas. Forget the "news" to fit the market.
The market moves on supply and demand based on earnings and earnings prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back