Staying in Brampton what to visit and do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
I have heard parking can be a nightmare but if we go early, say 8-9am would it still be a problem?

I was thinking to park my car at Bramaela or TTC kipling. Which one would be cheapest?

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Just go all the way down to the Atrium. There will be lots of parking and it's cheap.

Take 410 S to 401 E to 427 S to the Queen Elizabeth Way E to the Gardiner to the Yonge exit northbound. That takes you to Edward Street, just past Dundas. Turn left at Edward and left again into the garage.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
I am too cheap and can always appreciate a 'Free Walk/workout'
thumbsup2.gif

Truly? You like walking? Then park at the Atrium on Bay, and walk down Dundas westbound. That will take you through Chinatown. Go all the way to Dufferin southbound (Little Portugal) and go to King eastbound (Liberty Village). King will eventually lead you to Richmond, which will go all the way to the St. Lawrence Market. Totally free except for any food and drink you might buy, and interesting scenery.

If your feet are still good on Sunday, walk up Yonge northbound (avoiding the bums) to Bloor. Go down Bloor eastbound to the Danforth (Greektown) to Carlaw southbound. Take that to Dundas westbound again back to your starting point. Interesting scenery, again.

If you truly like walking for walking's sake, these are good ones to do.

That sounds very interesting and definitely I am set for Sat. I can do this all tomorrow and Sun, Niagara Falls.

Since you guys are local, from traffic perspective which one should I do on Sat? BTW, I have to head to Scarborough in the evening tomorrow, that's why I am feeling Downtown would be a better choice, I guess?

What coordinate should I enter for Atrium on Bay and is it $7 CAN(http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/undergro...ng=201704220000)?

BTW, roughly how much is the walk, say 8-10 miles?

Last edited:
Sun, Niagara Falls.

Niagara is 2-hours from Brampton, one way. Long day for you, but should be fun once you get there.

Niagara Falls is cheesy and grossly touristy.

Niagara-on-the-Lake is very boutiquey. Expect no bargains.

Since you guys are local, from traffic perspective which one should I do on Sat? BTW, I have to head to Scarborough in the evening tomorrow, that's why I am feeling Downtown would be a better choice, I guess?

Yes. Scarborough borders Toronto.

What coordinate should I enter for Atrium on Bay and is it $7 CAN

I thought it was $6 on weekends...
Not sure what you mean by "coordinates", but the address is 595 Bay Street Toronto, ON M5G 2C2.

BTW, roughly how much is the walk, say 8-10 miles?

That's about right. What I outlined is definitely a long walk (not for me, but for most other people).

Thanks again Tegger, I truly appreciate it man and Canada is awesome, so are Canadians
thumbsup2.gif

I am all set for tomorrow, will see how I am feeling Sun for Niagara
wink.gif

if I have to pick would it be Niagara on the lake or falls?

Niagara Falls: Noisy. Tacky. Cheesy. Airbrushed statues of pigs in cop uniforms. Velvet Elvis pictures. Fudge. Rides. The Falls themselves (smelly spray).

On-the-Lake: Quiet. Boutiques. Williams-Sonoma-type gourmet foods and seasonings. Gourmet potpourri. Gourmet clothing. Gourmet restrooms. Gourmet sidewalks. Gourmet parking. Expensive.

Both good in their own way. You choose.

While you're in Brampton you have to go to Mackay Pizza and get a Greasy Gus!
laugh.gif

I spent a good portion of my youth hanging out in Brampton, I worked there for 7 years, all my friends in the 80s and 90s were there and I met my first wife there. My son currently lives there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back