Things to do in Nashville on a day trip on short notice.

Gonna be in Nashville Tomorrow seems like downtown is the place to go see, any suggestions for something a couple might enjoy in an afternoon. Due to dietary restrictions restaurants probably not a great idea. what would you do?

Last edited:
Ryman Auditorium
Country Music Hall of Fame
Corvette Museum

If you like historical tours the site "Travelers Rest" is interesting. There are civil wars sites around the greater area as well. Franklin is a neat place.

I really liked the Johnny Cash museum. Other than his name, I knew nothing about him or his music before going but left as a fan.

Since you don’t have time for a daytrip to Graceland, ;) -

I’d got to the Ryman. But I’m a nut for music history. If you aren’t into that, check out the Hermitage. Interesting counterpoint to, say, Mt. Vernon or Monticello. That is, if you are looking for things besides the downtown. If you meant right downtown, I’d still do Ryman.

Last edited:
Franklin is worth the visit. Worked there for 10 years. Wife and I enjoyed the walking ghost tours. They were fun. Lots of civil war sites to visit if you like that kind of stuff.

Since you are limited to downtown for an afternoon I suggest a tour of the Ryman or the Country Music Hall of Fame. Maybe hit a couple of the live country music bars on Broadway (Robert's Western World or A.J.'s.) Franklin is neat as redtrucker610 suggested but is about 15 miles south of Nashville and traffic is horrible on the interstate.

Thanks for the feedback.

I turned out that My bride was not up to going so i just went to the meeting and came back but we did looksat suggestions and will use on a future trip.

Back