SRT part 3 - 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by john_pifer
Sweet vehicle!

475 HP... WOW. Bet that's fun.

What's the 0-60, 1/4-mile and top speed?

My guess would be low-4-second range, high 12s, and 160+

https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/grand-cherokee-srt

Good link
thumbsup2.gif

They actually tested a 2017 (if you hover over the "the SRT we tested") and got 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, which is quicker than the FCA claim of 4.8 seconds IIRC. The interior pic they used is from the Trackhawk, which you can tell because it says "Jeep" in the centre of the wheel rather than SRT like you see on mine. They run low 13's, high 12's, the Trackhawk is a fair bit quicker, running 11's.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Ws6
Sweet vehicle!

Good link
thumbsup2.gif

They actually tested a 2017 (if you hover over the "the SRT we tested") and got 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, which is quicker than the FCA claim of 4.8 seconds IIRC. The interior pic they used is from the Trackhawk, which you can tell because it says "Jeep" in the centre of the wheel rather than SRT like you see on mine. They run low 13's, high 12's, the Trackhawk is a fair bit quicker, running 11's.

What is your actual mpg? I got 18-19mpg highway out of my Jeep, and they rated it at 17, as I recall.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Sweet vehicle!

Good link
thumbsup2.gif

What is your actual mpg? I got 18-19mpg highway out of my Jeep, and they rated it at 17, as I recall.

I've seen as high as mid 20's in steady state driving. Average right now, entirely in-town, is 22L/100Km, which is 10.7Mpg.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I wish they offered this in 2wd, I'd dump all my cars for one.

AWD is the only way to go. I wish they offered the charger in awd with the 6.4.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by dishdude
I wish they offered this in 2wd, I'd dump all my cars for one.

AWD is the only way to go. I wish they offered the charger in awd with the 6.4.

Yeah, that would be a pretty cool combo!

Posted these in the tire thread, but finally got some decent summer rubber pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These tires, even at this temperature, are significantly "grippier" on dry pavement. A welcome improvement.

My wife has a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4...fully loaded and 117k trouble free miles, Still looks new. We are on the list for the special coverage leather dash repair which I commend Jeep for stepping up and covering the leather dash issues (they come loose and wrinkle) all the way back to 2011 models. Anyhow - after the dash repair we are going to get her another JGC and the SRT is more then likely going to be the one!

Originally Posted by GMBoy
My wife has a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4...fully loaded and 117k trouble free miles, Still looks new. We are on the list for the special coverage leather dash repair which I commend Jeep for stepping up and covering the leather dash issues (they come loose and wrinkle) all the way back to 2011 models. Anyhow - after the dash repair we are going to get her another JGC and the SRT is more then likely going to be the one!

Awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Looks awesome, man!

What type of 4x4/AWD setup does this model have? Part-time? Full-time?

It's full-time AWD, but you can adjust the bias F/R.

Congratz mate...that's really cool...

One thing the last 9 months has taught me, as I walk through car yards is that "I really could have afforded that, and enjoyed it in real time"...

Originally Posted by Shannow

One thing the last 9 months has taught me, as I walk through car yards is that "I really could have afforded that, and enjoyed it in real time"...

Thanks
smile.gif
Yep, you can't take it with you so one might as well enjoy themselves.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
One heck of a ride, looks fantastic! I really like the black on black with no chrome or other shiny bits.

Yup! I can't take the credit, my wife started this with the black-on-black-on-black truck after the black-on-black Expedition, and I ended up finding it really appealing.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Man, love the color. Sweet ride!

thank you
smile.gif
I'm very fond of it, and it's the first vehicle I've ever custom-ordered and had my name on the build sheet, which was a pretty cool experience.

Originally Posted by Shannow

Thanks
smile.gif
Yep, you can't take it with you so one might as well enjoy themselves.

LOL...when the child support stops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back