SRT part 3 - 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT

Cool deal ordering just what you want. All black with an extra helping of black is braver than I though. And to the potential moral hand wringing your dealer knows the story of the '16 GC and what he does with it is none of your concern.
 
Messages
963
Location
Berks County/Pa.
Congrats on the made to order BAD BOY!!! Looking forward to more pics and reading your enthusiasm for the new Grand Cherokee SRT. Dale
 
Last edited:
Messages
6,691
Location
California
Dude, you got a steal on the SRT - which is something that's normally not discounted in my area. And you probably became a customer for life of that dealership, or as long as your friend works there.
 
Messages
42,618
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thread starter
Originally Posted by nthach
Dude, you got a steal on the SRT - which is something that's normally not discounted in my area. And you probably became a customer for life of that dealership, or as long as your friend works there.
Well, he owns the place, so I expect that things will be good for as long as he does wink And yeah, they aren't normally discounted, which is why he made it a point to mention it to me. It was significantly cheaper to build a new 2020 than to buy a 2019, despite them being cleared out.
 
Messages
34,434
Location
NY
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Very nice setup! Esp. the lack of sunroof, and blacked-out badging!
+1 Exactly how I'd want it.
 
Messages
3,155
Location
Nashville, TN via Memphis
That's a really cool vehicle! I've always thought the Grand Cherokee was the most interesting vehicle of the SRT lineup, and probably the only one I'd consider owning. Does this use a beefed-up version of the ZF 8-speed auto?
 
Messages
6,004
Location
KY
Originally Posted by dishdude
And to think you could have bought 3 Camrys. LOL
And driven them to 300k miles each- if you didn't die of abject boredom first.
 
Messages
2,682
Location
Chicagoland
Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by dishdude
And to think you could have bought 3 Camrys. LOL
And driven them to 300k miles each- if you didn't die of abject boredom first.
That's the problem... the car will kill you before you can kill it!
 
Messages
42,618
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thread starter
Originally Posted by john_pifer
That's a really cool vehicle! I've always thought the Grand Cherokee was the most interesting vehicle of the SRT lineup, and probably the only one I'd consider owning. Does this use a beefed-up version of the ZF 8-speed auto?
Yes it does, though not as beefed up as the unit found in the TrackHawk.
 
Messages
42,618
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thread starter
Interesting note: As folks who had read my reviews of my 2016, one of my very few complaints was the MDS "rumble" or "drone" due to how low of RPM it engaged at. They've fixed that. You can't tell when this one goes in and out of MDS at all, which surprised the socks off me!
 
Messages
10,637
Location
Phoenix
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Interesting note: As folks who had read my reviews of my 2016, one of my very few complaints was the MDS "rumble" or "drone" due to how low of RPM it engaged at. They've fixed that. You can't tell when this one goes in and out of MDS at all, which surprised the socks off me!
They fixed that by 2018, the only way I know mine is in 4 cyl mode is by the DIC. That's one sweet JGC, congrats!
 

Ws6

Messages
2,914
Location
South Central US
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Interesting note: As folks who had read my reviews of my 2016, one of my very few complaints was the MDS "rumble" or "drone" due to how low of RPM it engaged at. They've fixed that. You can't tell when this one goes in and out of MDS at all, which surprised the socks off me!
Couldnt on my 2010 hemi either. It's odd the srt had that problem in 2016.
 
Top