SRT part 3 - 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
I wonder if they still put "Specially built for..." on the window sticker?
They did on my 2018.

Congrats on the ride, absolutely love that configuration! I had a Challenger Scatpack and miss the 6.4/8spd combo, simply awesome.

Cool deal ordering just what you want. All black with an extra helping of black is braver than I though.

And to the potential moral hand wringing your dealer knows the story of the '16 GC and what he does with it is none of your concern.

Very nice and congrats
thumbsup2.gif

I remember your accident thread and wanting to trade in the 16. Good to see you could order exactly what you wanted.

Congrats on the made to order BAD BOY!!! Looking forward to more pics and reading your enthusiasm for the new Grand Cherokee SRT.

Dale

Last edited:
Dude, you got a steal on the SRT - which is something that's normally not discounted in my area.

And you probably became a customer for life of that dealership, or as long as your friend works there.

Originally Posted by nthach
Dude, you got a steal on the SRT - which is something that's normally not discounted in my area.

And you probably became a customer for life of that dealership, or as long as your friend works there.

Well, he owns the place, so I expect that things will be good for as long as he does
wink.gif
And yeah, they aren't normally discounted, which is why he made it a point to mention it to me. It was significantly cheaper to build a new 2020 than to buy a 2019, despite them being cleared out.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Very nice setup!
Esp. the lack of sunroof, and blacked-out badging!

+1 Exactly how I'd want it.

That's a really cool vehicle!

I've always thought the Grand Cherokee was the most interesting vehicle of the SRT lineup, and probably the only one I'd consider owning.

Does this use a beefed-up version of the ZF 8-speed auto?

Originally Posted by dishdude
And to think you could have bought 3 Camrys.
lol.gif

And driven them to 300k miles each- if you didn't die of abject boredom first.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by dishdude
And to think you could have bought 3 Camrys.
lol.gif

And driven them to 300k miles each- if you didn't die of abject boredom first.

That's the problem... the car will kill you before you can kill it!

Originally Posted by john_pifer
That's a really cool vehicle!

I've always thought the Grand Cherokee was the most interesting vehicle of the SRT lineup, and probably the only one I'd consider owning.

Does this use a beefed-up version of the ZF 8-speed auto?

Yes it does, though not as beefed up as the unit found in the TrackHawk.

Interesting note:

As folks who had read my reviews of my 2016, one of my very few complaints was the MDS "rumble" or "drone" due to how low of RPM it engaged at. They've fixed that. You can't tell when this one goes in and out of MDS at all, which surprised the socks off me!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Interesting note:

As folks who had read my reviews of my 2016, one of my very few complaints was the MDS "rumble" or "drone" due to how low of RPM it engaged at. They've fixed that. You can't tell when this one goes in and out of MDS at all, which surprised the socks off me!

They fixed that by 2018, the only way I know mine is in 4 cyl mode is by the DIC. That's one sweet JGC, congrats!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Interesting note:

Couldnt on my 2010 hemi either. It's odd the srt had that problem in 2016.

Back