Speed Queen washer redesign/discontiued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Billbert
Anybody that does not have the old proven design should get one quick while they are still available. Best washer I have ever owned.

I still have my elderly Kenmore...if it dies, I will get a HE front-loader.

And, I may be replacing my washer. After a laundry-room flood (backed-up drain) resulted in moving it, I gave the inside a hard look...and after 40 years of service, it is simply rotting away. Not the mechanicals-they are fine. The metal structure of the machine is badly rusted, probably due to spending decades in usually-damp cellars.

Might be time to get a Speed Queen front-loader.

When did this redesign started and was it only residential or commercial as well?

The Whirlpool coin-op we bought in 95 for a 4 unit apartment building finally retired last year, after 22 years of use by 4 families, replaced every single parts once, the frame inside is rusted and shaken out of shape. The Whirlpool dryer is still going after a rebuild (motor, belt, bearings, seals, etc).

Dad bought a Speed Queen top loader as a replacement because his other apartment building came with a Speed Queen and he's impressed with the build quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back