Song You Loved.... The First Time You Heard It

Dont know why? I hated ELO on the radio in the 70s. Maybe because I was more into HARD rock stuff at the time. A friend gave me Jeff Lynne's ELO Wembly or Bust double Cd + Video concert that came out around 2017 and I just love it. I guess when he joined the Travelling Wilburys it made me realize just how talented the guy is...?

Dont know why? I hated ELO on the radio in the 70s. Maybe because I was more into HARD rock stuff at the time. A friend gave me Jeff Lynne's ELO Wembly or Bust double Cd + Video concert that came out around 2017 and I just love it. I guess when he joined the Travelling Wilburys it made me realize just how talented the guy is...?
I was into Chicago and a soundman for a Chicago copy type band at the time. Went to see the Out of the Blue space ship concert in Chicago.

I was the same way with the Eagles. Couldn’t stand them when I was young also a hard rock fan. It didn’t help their music was overplayed on the radio and my best friend was a huge fan as well.

Then about 15 years ago I watched a documentary and realized how good they were. Love them now.

Normally I have to hear a Song maybe five times before I begin to like it . But once in a while I'll hear a song that I Love the first time hearing it and this song is one of them .

This is ruining this website . What does this have to do with vehicles or fluids. Really? Food or music take to X.

This is ruining this website . What does this have to do with vehicles or fluids. Really? Food or music take to X.
Because we listen to tunes while changing our oil. Sometimes I'll take a break and have some food while the last drops come out of pan.
Rush, Eagles, Boston, Nightwish, Fleetwood Mac, many from all of them.

I discovered the Rolling Stones I printed out their discography. It was nearly 50 pages. Anyway, I'm listening to a selection of early singles, Under the Boardwalk by the Drifters comes on. What are they doing in a 'Stones thing? Except it wasn't Benny King, it was Brian and Mick. Coulda fooled me :cool:

I was the same way with the Eagles. Couldn’t stand them when I was young also a hard rock fan. It didn’t help their music was overplayed on the radio and my best friend was a huge fan as well.

Then about 15 years ago I watched a documentary and realized how good they were. Love them now.
Yeah, I became a fan of them (for a little while) when they "changed their minds" and HELL Froze over!
The tour. LOL
Kinda always felt Henley and Frey's egos could fill the Goodyear blimp with hot air. They really let it show
and told on themselves about the way they felt towards all other members on the History of The Eagles
documentary. I watched it and then realized...... Ok, The Eagles band was supposed to be a solid tight knit
group of friends/guys, a band of "limited"members down thru all the years. Seemed to me it took all of them
to succeed.
YET in the documentary ONLY Henley and Frey have a portion of the story dedicated to themselves....
***? So someone? deemed those two bags of hot air the ONLY members whose life stories needed
to be told and the other life long members apparently did not matter enough to be acknowledged or
told about by the Egos as some call Henley/Frey. Granted they did put out countless good albums and
numerous radio hits that will be played into eternity.

Back