Song You Loved.... The First Time You Heard It

AC/DC of course is one of the best rock bands in history, and "Back in Black" - the album and song - crest the peak of that list. Simple and fantastically tough for every redneck.

And, "Thunderstruck" of course.

Quiet Riot was probably the first rock and roll I ever heard with these two songs. Fun story, I met and hung out with back stage, the bassist Rudy Sarzo when he was playing with Queensryche later in his career about a decade ago. Sarzo has had a crazy cool career with Ozzy, Randy Rhoades, and some incredible bands.

Quiet Riot was a top ranked album, FYI.

Its only make believe by Conway Twitty......Cant get used to loosing you by Andy Williams... I want to hold your hand by the Beatles...I only want to be with you by Dusty Springfield and you dont own me by Leslie Gore and many more....

"Don't let me sleep in the morning", by the 70's band, "Head East"
Awesome song!

Probably my favorite song from them was the hit "Never Been Any Reason", but what you mentioned is also a great song.
I've got a funny experience with this band. In the mid to late '80s, Head East was still doing the frequent gigs and sometimes hitting the local watering holes. Their early lead singer, John Schlitt, was long gone and they were not having the sales success that they had earlier. They just happened to be playing in a bar somewhat close to me in a town that probably didn't have 200 people. The place was (of course) packed and they were really putting on a good show. During the concert, they mentioned that they were coming out with a new album. People were kind of looking around at each other and really doubting what they just heard. I mean, this was a washed up band, right? Now you have to remember that this era was pre-Amazon, pre-internet, pre-digital downloads.
Fast forward a couple of years. I had completely forgotten about their "coming out with a new album" until I was in a mall record store in Dallas, Texas. At that time, these stores had a monopoly on sales and CDs were really overpriced, but sometimes they would get a sale from me. Most of these stores had a clearance $1 bin by the entrance and I stopped to see what they were trying to get rid of. Low and behold, there was a "Choice of Weapons" CD in the dollar bin by Head East. I had never heard of it until that day. It came out in 1988, just a short time after they were playing at the local bar.
Of course I bought it! :p

My favorite L.P. by HEAD EAST is " Get Yourself Up " . Bought the album in the spring of '76 because of the cover . Overlooked .
Play the cassette on occasion .

IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Edgar Winter Group - " Free Ride " and " Frankenstein "

Rick Derringer - " Rock and Roll , Hoochie Koo "

Traffic " Dear Mr. Fantasy "

Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band "

Steely Dan - " Do It again "

MONTROSE - " Rock Candy " + " Space Station #5

UFO - " Mother Mary " + Shoot , Shoot " .

Last edited:
Sometime in 1978. I was 10. My neighbor had a learners permit (I think) and somehow "owned" a car...late 60s Plymouth Satellite. I snuck away with him and his cousin to go fishing and was in the back seat...8track playing. RWTD came on and it was like an out of body experience. That guitar and the harmony blew me away! Wango Tango played next and I pleaded with neighbor to replay RWTD.

Back