Songs with flute in them

Could be "Songs you like with flute in them" or just "Songs that contain the flute in them." Ok. Go!

I'll start with 3...

(go to 1:20-1:29 for it. Kind of cool they got a goth girl to play the flute.. that whole on stage production was really something. Maybe best thing GN'R ever did honestly.)

Can't you see by Marshall Tucker
And
Moondance by van Morrison
are 2 I can think of that are not listed yet

Edit
I talk to the wind by King Crimmson literally just came up on my playlist.

Does Jean-Luc Picard playing 'Frère Jacques' count?
'Song of Time' from The Legend of Zelda on ocarina?
I'm not a complete cultural vandal so I give you also Syrinx (Debussy)
Look also into Bach and Mozart.

Last edited:
"Down Under" by Men at Work. The flute starts out almost immediately. It's a very definitive part of the song.

Bad news is roughly 10+ years ago they were sued for the flute riff... and they lost. It was claimed to be copied from a children's song from the 1930s called "Kookaburra" written by Marion Sinclair.

The current owners of "Kookaburra" claiming the copyright sued - not the writer of the song or anyone connected to her.

And finally, to come full circle on Bobistheoilguy, the first lyric line in "Down Under" is describing an overheating Volkswagen. Let me guess; they failed to use 70 weight oil driving in The Outback?

"Down Under" by Men at Work. The flute starts out almost immediately. It's a very definitive part of the song.

Bad news is roughly 10+ years ago they were sued for the flute riff... and they lost. It was claimed to be copied from a children's song from the 1930s called "Kookaburra" written by Marion Sinclair.

The current owners of "Kookaburra" claiming the copyright sued - not the writer of the song or anyone connected to her.

And finally, to come full circle on Bobistheoilguy, the first lyric line in "Down Under" is describing an overheating Volkswagen. Let me guess; they failed to use 70 weight oil driving in The Outback?

That's what happens with a head full of zombie.

Back