Smith and Wesson M1000 12 ga....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...is now in my collection. Went to the state fair and after that decided to check the local gun shops. Found it in good shape for 170 bones.

I liked it for being an auto loading gun and that my other shotgun, a Mossberg 535 is being sent in for dropping shells out of the magazine tube when you cycle the action. Oh, and the stenciling on the receiver is pretty cool.

Very cool. I've got like 6 pumps but no autos yet... I just can't decide. I think if I found an 11-48 in good shape for the right price I might jump at it, but I really haven't found an action design for a semi-auto shotgun that I considered outstanding other than the browning A5s, which are out of my league price wise.

I'll need to do more looking into the 1000, though. Maybe it's the ticket for me.

Last edited:
The only thing about the M1000 seems that they like to be clean and that parts are kinda hard to come buy, Numrich seems to be the only place that carries parts.

Yeah take it apart and make sure the buffer has not turned to mush on it. I have three of these, two standards and a magnum and if you shoot it with a degraded buffer it will beat itself to death. I really love mine. Feels like a lightweight Remington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back