Small oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Downsizing to the "just fine" threshold for economical purposes isn't my prerogative. I'll take more filter media and volume any day of the week.

Vice-versa, here's a jingle from Bobby Brown to keep it straight

So, Bobby Brown uses a smaller filter too?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Downsizing to the "just fine" threshold for economical purposes isn't my prerogative. I'll take more filter media and volume any day of the week.

21.gif

Dunno fer shur, you could ask a little ol'gal from loozianna named Britney

(edit - vid removed - mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doggone that was one of the funniest posts I have seen in awhile on here BlueOvalFitter... Great, great response
lol.gif

Not all the time but, sometimes when over sizing my oil filter, I would experience startup rattle. So now, I just keep with the tiny filter that is spec'd for my engines.

Any older vehicle & engine from the 70's-90's that I thought the filter was too small, I would over size without issue. But since somewhere the early 2000's, I have been experiencing that dreaded startup rattle all too often when I did over size, thinking that I was doing the right/better thing...Not so!

My Nissan's seem to be the worst for startup rattle but, to a lesser extent, I have experienced startup rattle on Honda's & Toyota's too when trying to over size the oil filter.

Last edited:

21.gif

Dunno fer shur, you could ask a little ol'gal from loozianna named Britney

(remove vid - mod)

I don't listen to the music Miss Britt sings. I'm more along the lines of IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST.
I was living in FL. when she became popular and didn't even know she was from La. From what the locals here say about her, in high school, she was VERY popular.
eek.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
How many filters have you seen that were fully loaded? I have only seen one, and it took a lot to get it loaded. I've seen stuff around the internets, however they were from neglected engines, in which there were pounds of sludge.

Wait, I thought a loaded oil filter was a good thing?
21.gif

...fully, as in clogged.

I don't listen to the music Miss Britt sings.

Just watch the video with the sound turned off.
smile.gif

How many filters have you seen that were fully loaded? I have only seen one, and it took a lot to get it loaded. I've seen stuff around the internets, however they were from neglected engines, in which there were pounds of sludge.

21.gif

A loaded gun is a good thing ... not a loaded oil filter.
grin2.gif

Ya Zee,but a loaded oil filter won't kill you. Gotta listen to those high school kids that are getting slaughtered every couple months or so. Unbelievable how people can still go along with those archaic laws. The British are coming! WOW

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

21.gif

A loaded gun is a good thing ... not a loaded oil filter.
grin2.gif

I keep a few of those around.

Originally Posted By: madeej11
Ya Zee,but a loaded oil filter won't kill you. Gotta listen to those high school kids that are getting slaughtered every couple months or so. Unbelievable how people can still go along with those archaic laws. The British are coming! WOW

Those "old fashioned" laws are what our country was founded upon. They have been serving our purpose of life for over 242 years now. And, I esp. like the 2nd Amendment. It's my favorite.
Oh, and I think the Redcoats learned their lesson........twice!
aufm6w.jpg

Originally Posted By: madeej11

A loaded gun won't either unless it's in the hands of a syco. It's the fault of the operator, not the tool ... just like a clogged up oil filter.
wink.gif

Exactly Zee.

Guess France needed to strengthen their laws about large trucks too... 70 plus people got killed by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back