Sludge Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that engine was not that bad! I have seen much worse. THere have also been posts by members of this board with used vechiles sludged worse then this!

P.S. Just about every used vechile I have ever owned has been sludged up like that.

This will encourage you to use Mobil 1 R oil and Auto-RX. This post needs to be shown to the people who talk about driving a car/truck without oil changes and the people who talk about using some old oil thye found in a dark corner of a garage.

Here is a site with photos of sludge in an oil pan. Would this be the worst ever? Enjoy
grin.gif

http://www.cswnet.com/~mathman/willys/Engine/Disassembly3.html

Click on photos to enlarge.

[ November 08, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: DavoNF ]

Well it sure opened my eyes, I had no idea an engine could get that sludged. Does this still happen with regular oil changes, or is this a sign of neglect.

I have pulled down tractor engines that have not had an oil change in years and have not seen anything as bad. (Maybe the blow by of the power kerosene kept things loose
grin.gif
)

Dave

Jelly I have rebuilt plenty of them that bad and worse. Just pure neglect, but the owner will sit back and say the makers of that V6 are building junk. What a shame.
frown.gif

I bought a used car once that was so sludged that when I removed the valve cover to adjust the rocker arm lash I could not see the rockers or the push rods. Back then my wife was my girlfriend and I had her go get the shop vac so I could vaccum out the sludge as I scraped it out with a putty knife and screw driver. The valve cover was completely full of sludge. After this I ran 1 quart of MMO and 4 quarts of Castrol 5W50 Syntec through it at the next 4-5 oil changes. Then from their on out I just used 5W50 syntec in it. Latter that year I went down to visit Mom and Dad and to let my parents meet my girlfriend. I dropped the oil pan at that time and had to shovel the sludge out of the pan. That was about seven years ago or more and that vechile still drives to this day and does not burn a drop of oil. That was a 1982 Toyota Starlet it either has the 3KC or 4KC engine in it. It is a little pushrod engine.

When I bought it their was O oil in the crank case and no battery. It had been sitting in a field for 2 years. I put 4 quarts of oil in it and a bottel of B-12, changed the plugs, cap, rotor and wires and battery. I sprayed B-12 carb cleaner down the carb and it fired right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back