Should I wait or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a L67 3.8L Supercharged engine that has now had religious diet of 0W-30 XD-3. My question is that I have prolonged the oil change and coming up to 15K KM so far.. finally had new schedule that I can make it to pick up XD-3 @ Esoo, but they're out for another week or so.. so I placed an order.. I probably will get another 1000km or more by the time it actually gets here.. I don't want to do a UOA as by the time it gets back to me to let me know.. it's going to be roughly bout the same time I get the oil. So the consensus is.. wat should I do? Leave it in till I get the good mojo? Or just replace with Walmart Synthetic for now and then switch back to good mojo after?

Wait.

You more than likely are putting mostly highway mileage on it so you can essentially cut the mileage in half when compared to city mileage.

Do the UOA just for kicks because winter is hard on oil. I killed some Rotella 0w40 this winter and the UOA is posted in the diesel section. Nobody on here will talk to me because I posted a bad synthetic UOA.
nono.gif

Cheers, Steve

Onr more vote for the UOA, Im lovin us Canucks running the XD-3 that is putting up stellar numbers. The more UOA's on XD-3 the better
smile.gif
i hope to have on myself on the 0w-30 in a few months.

Thanx.. I think Patman helped me out before.. but for the life of me.. I can't find that post anymore.. anyone know any place around Southern Ontario anywhere from as far north as Sutton ( thats bout where I live ) to toronto area to as far west as oakville ( parents live there ) that can do UOA? How much and how much oil should I bring? The results probably wont' be stellar as it's seen quite an amount of salt and sand in winter ( we use a lot of sand where I live.. and a lot of salt on the highway and city )

Anyone?? Also what container can it be in? Will a plastic pop bottle be ok? It won't eat thru it like gasoline?? Or contaminate the sample?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back