Shadyish "performance shop" - Suspectful of Wrong Oil in GDI Engine

Hello everyone. I had an oil change done as well as an alignment at a so called "performance" shop. I told them several times I wanted full synthetic 5w-30. A comment was made by another person working there that makes me suspicious of what they actually put in my car. When I picked up my car and was talking to the manager about the oil type, the employee said to me "the tech said full synthetic can't be put in a car that is still in the break in period." Break in period was brought up because my car has a few more miles on the break in and I asked them to go easy on it on any test drives.
If the tech who did the oil change is thinking it can't take full synthetic, then I'm wondering what he actually put in there. I asked and the manager claimed "we only carry full synthetic. We don't have anything else."
I asked if I could see the empty bottles of oil and manager told me they come in large drums which he did not offer to show me. He said they had put in liqui moly spec tec, and the invoice says - "5w-30 spec tec".

I called black stone and asked if an analysis can differentiate between conventional and full synthetic and they told me no.

Looking through I can't find anything in the manual where it specifically calls for a full synthetic. The car is a 23 elantra n.
So my questions are
1) If indeed they put a conventional or a hybrid and not a full synthetic, will I be ok doing two track days in my car this weekend? My plan was to change the oil again immediately after the track days.
2) Does liqui molly make a conventional or hybrid oil?
Thanks for any help on this.

Todays semi syns hold up very well. Ford Ecoboosts in the F150s hold up well running semi syns and towing heavy loads. That said I would be irritated if I payed for a real syn and got a semi syn.

Why did you have an alignment done on a low mileage elantra N? Why did you goto a "performance"shop?
Many questionable decisions.

If they put in spec tec its full syn.. if you doubt change it again.
not much else you can do.
For tracking, the car needs more front cambor. Only a performance type shop will do an alighnment like that. Mavis etc won't add cambor.

If the shop is a "performance shop" and not the dealer, what do they care what oil you ask for? I swear, I hear the silliest stories on here sometimes. 😁

If the shop is a "performance shop" and not the dealer, what do they care what oil you ask for? I swear, I hear the silliest stories on here sometimes. 😁
So you are saying no one should ever go to a non dealer mechanic? That all of them just put any oil they want in, no matter what people ask for?

I wouldn't be surprised if the oil wasn't even changed at all or if the alignment was even done.

But why did you get an alignment on a brand spanking new car anyway, did you drive over a curb at 15mph or something?

Also you do not want to track that car. It will fail and Hyundai is famous for their most voidable warranty. There was a person with an Elantra n that was just cruising and their engine failed because of the crap dct and the dct's issues were well known at the time. Hyundai never warrantied it but also blacklisted it so he couldn't just try again at another dealer. The guy ended up taking a loss on it.

Back