Shadetree/DIY guys, do people go to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been fixing stuff for around 14 years now. I started with small engines and dirt bikes, now I maintain my family and friend's vehicles or help friends work on their own vehicles.

Nope. A few people know I work on my cars, but so far, no one has asked me to do anything for them. I'm glad in hindsight to have not offered, what given how badly it can go, and will likely leave it that way. Thankfully, most people I know drive late model vehicles that need nothing (5 years old and younger).

I’ll change oil and do brakes for friends to help them out. I pretty much don’t do anything that requires tearing into the engine proper on vehicles that are not mine.

I’ve seen flat tires in parking lots and tracked down the owner to make them aware, cause most are oblivious and will drive off on a flat.

Changed a tire here and there.

Last edited:
Many years ago I worked on my neighbors' cars. I did the easy things, rebuilt carburetors, changed points, plugs and wires ,water and fuel pumps, shocks, distributors, alternators/generators,light bulbs and set timing. I never did brakes. I didn't charge, but everyone knew my wife and I liked pizzas so we got several. One owner did give me a soldering gun which I used for several years. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back