Series 60 engine concerns.

This is a first I'm hearing of this. What do you have to support that accusation?
Did you read what I wrote earlier? The flash point determination is in and of itself a subjective test with a relatively high reproducibility and repeatability. But there has been a long history on here of Blackstone test not being accurate first in flashpoint determination and second in fuel dilution estimation. Many individuals have sent out identical samples to other labs to perform a direct fuel dilution determination and the Blackstone inferred value has been shown to be wildly inaccurate. There have also been multiple instances where their spectrographic results are also inaccurate. I would think that trying to estimate diesel fuel dilution via flash point would be worse than for gasoline due to the higher molecular weight of the diesel fuel.

Did you read what I wrote earlier? The flash point determination is in and of itself a subjective test with a relatively high reproducibility and repeatability. But there has been a long history on here of Blackstone test not being accurate first in flashpoint determination and second in fuel dilution estimation. Many individuals have sent out identical samples to other labs to perform a direct fuel dilution determination and the Blackstone inferred value has been shown to be wildly inaccurate. There have also been multiple instances where their spectrographic results are also inaccurate. I would think that trying to estimate diesel fuel dilution via flash point would be worse than for gasoline due to the higher molecular weight of the diesel fuel.
I've read all the posts, I can't keep up to be honest. I really just wanna figure out what the issue is. I need to reach back out to the other lab. I sent an inquiry on their website and I see those tests are very expensive also. But I need to figure this out.

Sidenote, for an everyday lab, is there a better option then Blackstone?

Likely a lab that directly determines fuel such as through gas chromatography. But I would ask them first if the test is accurate for diesel fuel. It probably is but I just don’t know that for sure.

Do you think a different brand of oil will shear better? I wonder if you try a different brand to see if you get better results..? The other option might be a 15w50 HDEO.

Just my $0.02

Do you think a different brand of oil will shear better? I wonder if you try a different brand to see if you get better results..? The other option might be a 15w50 HDEO.

Just my $0.02
I switched from Phillips 66 to Chevron. Where else to go? I like to run oils that are readily available on the road.

I'm not sure if I'll have better results with any of them oils, makes me Leary about switching again.
UOA results? The UOA is a snapshot of the engine condition and operating conditions, very much less so anything to do with the oil. Singular oil comparisons are not what a UOA provides.

Send it to Polaris or wear check they use GC for fuel it’s very accurate

The only way to fuel to get into the oil other than past the rings that I know of are through the top of the injector through the plunger or the o ring(s), a cracked head (unlikely) or the fuel pump leaking into the back of the air compressor. Do you notice your oil level rising? The low(er) flashpoint does indicate fuel present, and it’s likely more than what black stone is reporting
I think Polaris is the lab that I reached out to a while ago. I never heard back. I need to call them again.

I agree, but the UOA is telling me that something is shearing the oil.
No it isn’t. The Blackstone UOA isn’t telling you anything in regards to mechanical shear nor fuel dilution, that’s the whole point. With them you really have no idea what’s going on in that regard.

No it isn’t. The Blackstone UOA isn’t telling you anything in regards to mechanical shear nor fuel dilution, that’s the whole point. With them you really have no idea what’s going on in that regard.
It is, maybe we're looking at it differently. The UOA is clearly telling me I have a viscosity issue, which is likely caused by something in the engine.

It is, maybe we're looking at it differently. The UOA is clearly telling me I have a viscosity issue, which is likely caused by something in the engine.
Or fuel dilution. Again that Blackstone analysis is not something to hang your hat on in regards to a reported viscosity deviation. They are incapable of distinguishing between mechanical shear and fuel dilution.

Or fuel dilution. Again that Blackstone analysis is not something to hang your hat on in regards to a reported viscosity deviation. They are incapable of distinguishing between mechanical shear and fuel dilution.
I understand that, it's only been said 15 times in this thread and Incase you haven't read also I've reached out to the other labs about the GC tests and got nothing back. I can only do so much here. So ease up bud.

I understand that, it's only been said 15 times in this thread and Incase you haven't read also I've reached out to the other labs about the GC tests and got nothing back. I can only do so much here. So ease up bud.
Ease up? You’re the one that keeps making inaccurate statements based upon a Blackstone report that doesn’t give you proper answers for those conclusions. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Ease up? You’re the one that keeps making inaccurate statements based upon a Blackstone report that doesn’t give you proper answers for those conclusions. That’s all I’m trying to say.
Your ignorance in your posts is overwhelming. I debating when I even started this post knowing eventually someone would get ignorant based on the fact they know more then someone else. So ya, ease up bud. Maybe you should read how you come across and rethink your typing before you hit post.

I think Polaris is the lab that I reached out to a while ago. I never heard back. I need to call them again.

You can buy a test kit from amsoil website and just send it to Polaris. Postage is pre paid

Did you take any other samples from this fill before the 16,000 mark?

Your ignorance in your posts is overwhelming. I debating when I even started this post knowing eventually someone would get ignorant based on the fact they know more then someone else. So ya, ease up bud. Maybe you should read how you come across and rethink your typing before you hit post.
I had to laugh at this post...:ROFLMAO:

kschachn is one of the more knowledgeable people on this board and you are fortunate to have him helping you with your problem.

His advice is pretty straightforward and I would advise you take it and not post again on this thread until you have that information in hand.

I'd also calm down and offer him apology - if only because I'd like to see him help you sort out the results of your next test from a lab other than Blackstone. 🤝

No one said anything about him not offering solid help. I said I don't appreciate his arrogance in his post, laugh all you want, but an apology won't be coming from this end. Some don't even realize they're being arrogant cause no one ever tells them yet bows to their tone and demeanor. I don't. Some member of this forum tend to talk at the OP instead of talking to the OP.

I do however appreciate the help. I'll post with any and all questions I may of may not have.

And I'll add, the traction on those forum has diminished over the last several years, and I've seen several of the more knowledgeable guys have stopped posting or even visiting. Perhaps that should tell you something.

I'm not sure whether he has read the whole thread or not. There have been suggestions offered that haven't been completed. if you need answers to that, feel free to go back and read.

As I said in prior posts, I debated coming to this forum again. I always appreciate the help and guidance. Whether I sort it out here or elsewhere, it will eventually be sorted out.

Whatever it is that I’m overwhelmingly ignorant about let me know. I’m always willing to learn.

Back