Sent Email to Fram about filter rattling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Some filters have had no need for customer service, can't really say the name as there is some sort of copyright on saying it.

Curious what you mean? There are no "copyrights" on the freedom of speech.

If you mean to imply that the board has become "Fram-Centric" I don't know that I'd agree. I was on here a lot and then left for about the past four years. When I first started here, way back, you were required to hawk a loogie every time you said the word "Fram." Frams were unmercifully and illogically bashed, even the Ultra. I come back to see a lot more respect. In fact, I see less mindless brand bashing period and more legitimate discussions based on facts, product characteristics, good points and bad points, etc. The way it oughtta be.

Anyway, if you got something to say, say it! Can't promise you won't be challenged after you say it, so be prepared to back it up is all.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Some filters have had no need for customer service, can't really say the name as there is some sort of copyright on saying it.

Curious what you mean? There are no "copyrights" on the freedom of speech.

If you mean to imply that the board has become "Fram-Centric" I don't know that I'd agree. I was on here a lot and then left for about the past four years. When I first started here, way back, you were required to hawk a loogie every time you said the word "Fram." Frams were unmercifully and illogically bashed, even the Ultra. I come back to see a lot more respect. In fact, I see less mindless brand bashing period and more legitimate discussions based on facts, product characteristics, good points and bad points, etc. The way it oughtta be.

Anyway, if you got something to say, say it! Can't promise you won't be challenged after you say it, so be prepared to back it up is all.

One member liked to say DENSO to answer "what is the best filter." It's just a joke his words are copyrighted. Sort of an unwritten copyright.

I dropped an xg4967 dome end down from about 5 feet to the floor. No rattle. Maybe I will throw it down hard to see if that helps loosen it. People have used ones, maybe they can try it. Since the 3 rattling filters may or may not have been correctly gathered by WM and sent to Fram, this may be yet another "anyone know what ever happened to that?"

They have stepped up to the plate. Now will it be a foul, strike out, or home run? Or will they walk off the field not saying a word?

So far, has any oil filter company been honest, admitted a mistake, and shown the answer why there was a defect? I guess it is hard to criticize a company you work for, as in don't want to be fired.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Purolator won't respond to propaganda ... period.

FIFY ...
grin2.gif

That's what I should have type originally as well. They know when those pesky 5 minute of famers are calling them and they won't answer the phone. So, thanks for fixing that for me.
wink.gif

Awesome response from Fram!!! Thanks Anthony.

Attention Walmart shoppers. Cleanup on isle 3 is complete! Thanks for shopping at Walmart.

I was in Walmart today and remembered reading this thread so I thought I'd check out their XG8As. There were five on the shelf and 2 raddled. Only one was open so I checked the date code and took a picture.

Originally Posted By: littleant
I want to thank you funflyer for posting what you found. I helps to show that others are finding the same issue.

You're welcome. Since you are in Vermont and I found the same issue with these filters in Arizona, they can't be written off as something that happened during handling or shipping. I did check several filters with different part numbers while I was at it and found none that were loose/rattling.

So, the FU has some skeletons in the closet now, huh? After all of the promo I have been giving the FU now it's starting to show cracks in the foundation? WIX, you're looking better each day.

What bothers me blueOval will a filter that looks good and does not rattle what are the chances that it will when put into service. Priced out a wiz XP at ORilleys at $12.99. Maybe pureolator pure one. Really do like the ultra. Should hear back from fram this week.

No matter what brand of filter, always inspect and even shake it to see if the guts are tight. IMO, if it's tight out of the box it's going to stay that way.

I have seen this same very problem. The filters must of been dropped with some weight on them. Im not sure how they are packed and shipped but I sounds like they were dropped. I have seen this once before. Sounds like the Leafspring device got dislodged from a drop.

Originally Posted By: David1
I have seen this same very problem. The filters must of been dropped with some weight on them. Im not sure how they are packed and shipped but I sounds like they were dropped. I have seen this once before. Sounds like the Leafspring device got dislodged from a drop.

Is there enough room for the leaf spring to move? I can see a coil spring moving from side to side if it were dropped hard enough...........I'm not saying it can't happen, but doesn't the leaf spring touch side to side at the bottom/top of the filter canister?
21.gif

Has anyone seen this with other filters?? What i find interesting is the ones with the issue seem to be boxed in the 15,000 mile box. I have yet to see the ultra XG8A in the 20,000 mile box. Maybe just a coincidence.

Hi Guys. Received the new filters from fram 2 XG2 and 2 XG8A. Non of the filters rattled but 2 had dents on them 1 of the XG8A and 1 of the XG2 see photos. Have not heard back from Fram yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back