Selling Car Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not sell anytime soon if ever at this price.

* The asking price is 2/3 of the MSRP for 3 years old car - that is what people are paying at a dealer, not at private party. And this is for a "reliable brands" with best longer term prospects
* The price is close to the maximum people pay at private party - not many would go that high unless it is a screaming deal
* Many people are suspicions about 3 years old not off-lease offers - what are people "dumping" so early, when full warranty just expires ?
* small manuals are the european thing - in US traffic this thing resembles unsafe bump on the road - few people will look at it differently and use it as a DD.

Just seems like yesterday you bought that Daewoo.

I couldn't get over 6 grand for my Yaris only three years old with 56K on it.
Good thing I only paid 10 grand for it.

The Honda Fit, Yaris and Daewoo and Mitsibishi are all bottom of the barrel, limited life ecoboxes.
The Fit is now WAY over priced and Mexican.

Always better to get a base model of a compact.
But I love little tiny MT cars
I want a newish turbo MT SMART!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by JTK
I did shop a few used Sparks w/ AT that were 2013s, with ~90K miles and people want $5-6K for them.

Yet I can't get that for my 2017.

That's what I'm seeing as a private party asking price. What they're actually getting is anyone's guess. It's kind of a rare used car in my area. It seems like people who buy econoboxes either trade them in to dealerships or keep them 'till the end.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Originally Posted by maxdustington
old men posting on this board!
48.gif

You just now figuring that out?

LOL

Who do you think are on here idolizing the Crown Vics?

20 or 30 somethings...........

If that price drops about $2000 some interest will peak. The manual transmission limits your market massively beyond the $8000 for a penalty box.

Jeep Wranglers and high end sports cars are the only one I see hold any value when it comes to manual transmission models. Everything else with a manual is perceived as having a deficit that most buyers do not want to deal with. Adding a third party Korean made econo model too it just adds insult to injury of expecting to get anything of significance in value out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back