Scratches on new rotors, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xBa380
Centric Email back to me:

"Our rotors are sourced from foundries worldwide in order to meet our volume requirements. All of the finished blank rotor castings are sent to our Southern California facility for final machining of drills or slots."

On the boxes, there is no country of origin anywhere on them.

I emailed them back asking specifically if China is one of their worldwide foundry locations.

Did you email a specific part number or numbers, or just ask "where are your rotors made?" I've always received a straight answer when I asked about a specific part number, except for once.

Monroe gave me the same garbage about a set of their pads. They wouldn't tell me where they're made and gave me the same "we're a global company blah blah blah..."

Dozens of times I've emailed about auto parts and other items and always got a straight answer from the company when I included a specific part number.

Last edited:
I have had brand new brake pads and rotors scratch, just eveytime I have installed brakes and I don't know why?

I install everything very clean but, the first time I testdrive the car after an install, there they are!

Nope, all clear! I am thinking just some dirt or something must of got trapped in there during bed-in. Like I said, I can't feel it with my nail or anything. It appears normal from what I can tell.

Maybe tomorrow ill take the wheel off and check the brake pads and make sure all looks good. If they do, I am guessing just a high/low point in the brake surface somewhere or some rock got jammed in there during bed in.

I took off the wheel last night and inspected the pad... All was clean/clear... I did notice a "void" in the brakepad where the line was, like a pin-hole... So maybe a part of the part material dislodged. Either way, no problem there.

But sadly, my sliding pins are already starting to stiffen up after only a week. I guess the Permatex Ceramic Lubricant (purple stuff) does not play nice with the rubber bushings on the pins. So I got to stop at Auto-Zone and buy some Sil-Glyde and clean/relube the rear pins. Next week ill tackle the front at some point. Those pins are a pain in my arse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back