S&W M&P Shield .380 EZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: clarkflower

You can cock the 38 revolver and turn it into a single action. The one time I really though someone was in my home I did before leaving my bedroom. My son did the same on a later date.

The problem with that is if you have compromised hand strength or dexterity issues...how are you safely going to decock the gun? And actually my dad who has weaker hands cannot easily cock his J frame 638,so we just had a trigger job done on it so he can shoot DA much easier. Polishing surfaces and putting a lighter trigger rebound spring did wonders for a gun that has a notoriously nasty factory trigger.

My youngest son did it...then realized he didn't know how to decock the gun
smile.gif
Or not completly comfortable. He put it gently down in a safe area and told me when I got home. Hard to complain

Last edited:

You can cock the 38 revolver and turn it into a single action. The one time I really though someone was in my home I did before leaving my bedroom. My son did the same on a later date.

I hope you and your son get some good training.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

He's shot 1000 rounds or more. I was shocked he didn't feel comfortable but he did the right thing. When in doubt...ask

BTW People should know what they are talking about before shooting off their big mouths

BTW People should know what they are talking about before shooting off their big mouths

whatever.
I have been a pistol instructor for years and a 1 hour SD course every month in addition to 8 hour class every year. But this is the internet. Don't believe me...ask someone who knows what they are talking about. See what built460 says.

He's shot 1000 rounds or more. I was shocked he didn't feel comfortable but he did the right thing. When in doubt...ask

lol I shoot that every month.

Last edited:

Usually it's not a great idea to cock a DA/SA revolver in a self-defense situation. Too easy to trip the trigger by accident when you don't want to.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I dont agree. 50 years of handling guns. No accidents. I don’t see any difference between that and a single action light trigger cocked with the safety off. I agree with this guy
Most reasons for not cocking the hammer have to do with incompetent, untrained or poorly trained people using the gun. Not taking advantage of SA because the operator may be too stupid to do so is a poor excuse to say no one should shoot SA.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/why-not-cock-a-da-revolver.606878/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back