S&W M&P 2.0 10mm

Looking forward to when they actually show up. They are going to sell a pile of them in mountain states.

I've handled and shot the Glock 20. Ergonomics are everything in handguns and shotties......The Glock just doesn't feel right or point naturally in my hand.

I always carry during archery or muzzleloader season. I've been packing my Ruger SP101 .357 for the last 10 years. In that time I've been bluff charged once by a sow with cubs. It happened so fast that my brain didn't even register what was happening until it was over.

The 15+1 capacity of the M&P10 might make me feel better, but if the **** goes down, animals usually have the edge of surprise and speed.

Kind of wish they had made a 5inch barreled version. I have the 2.0 9mm with the 5 inch barrel and its a great shooter. For defensive ammo, Underwood ammo makes some lighter weight, high velocity rounds.

A good semi-auto can go to real wilderness for months and be just fine.
Fully agree; plenty of environmental torture test results out there to easily qualify your statement. Military side arms in the desert or Arctic conditions comes to mind as a start...

Has anyone found these in stock anywhere and not at scalper's prices? Sportsman Outdoors still shows them in pre-order status and Proven Arms has them but for LEO/Military only.

I just picked up the 4.6 barrel this week and shot 100 rounds through it today. Shoots much the same as my Springfield XDM10, both feel solid. To that point my Glock 20 is a great gun too. I also shot an EAA Witness 10MM that I bought used but only about 20 rounds, can't quite get the grip feeling right but I'm betting a little more time with it will tell me if it is a keeper or not.

I have a 4" M&P10 due this week from Sportsmans Warehouse.

I’m a bit new to firearms but I trust revolvers way more than semi autos. You can see what’s happening and a jam isn’t really a thing. I can shoot 200 rounds and 1 jam or misfire makes me lose confidence. I always am thinking about it.

I used to work at a police training range. We had FAR more problems and jams with the old 38 special revolvers than we did when we switched to Glock pistols.

It’s a fallacy to believe that revolvers are more reliable. A quality late mode polymer pistol (Glock/Beretta/Sig) will be far more reliable than your average revolver in a 1000 rd class.

And when a Glock jams you can clear it in seconds. A revolver jam is serious and takes a long time to clear and sometimes tools.

I used to work at a police training range. We had FAR more problems and jams with the old 38 special revolvers than we did when we switched to Glock pistols.

It’s a fallacy to believe that revolvers are more reliable. A quality late mode polymer pistol (Glock/Beretta/Sig) will be far more reliable than your average revolver in a 1000 rd class.

And when a Glock jams you can clear it in seconds. A revolver jam is serious and takes a long time to clear and sometimes tools.
Yep. Reloading a Revolver is worse than the jams I've seen. Btw, none of them were on my guns. I've had Rugers, Glocks, S&W M&P, and a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical and even a Remington R1 1911 (which I dearly loved) and the only one I ever had a jam with was a Glock 42 that would stovepipe on range ammo, but never on carry ammo. It took about 1/2 second to clear it. I did get rid of that gun. Loved it, but didn't like that bad habit it had. Take the G42 out of the mix and thats thousands and thousands of rounds with no issue, through a variety of semi-autos. My old Ruger SR9 probably has 5k through it without 1 single failure. And I've run some cheap crappo ammo through some of these, too.

As for 10mm, I like the idea of having 16 rounds to pump into a grizzly bear on the charge rather than 6. Pretty sure some will miss. I like more chances.

Last edited:
Has anyone found these in stock anywhere and not at scalper's prices? Sportsman Outdoors still shows them in pre-order status and Proven Arms has them but for LEO/Military only.
I've not seen one yet. I'll let you know when I spot one at a gun store. I've been casually looking for the new Ruger/Marlin .45-70. It'll be awhile before seeing one of them, though, I suspect.

I paid $649 from PSA for the 4.6", about $50 too high but I wanted it. I paid $589 from Sportsman for the 4"
And just like that, the 4.6 is back in stock at PSA for the same price that you paid. Now, just waiting for the 4" to come back in ;)

Thanks again for the heads up!

Snow, ice, blowing wind, extreme cold of -50, threat of polar bear. Worst possible self defense scenario imaginable - Northern Greenland dog sled patrols by the Danish Military.

Nobody wants a revolver in that weather, they jam too easily under those conditions. They lack capacity. 9mm is insufficient against the bears.

Handgun of choice after extensive testing in the worst weather possible: Glock 20 in 10mm
Correct, and a 30-06 bolt action rifle.

Back