S&W M&P 2.0 10mm

My 4" arrived from Sportsman's Warehouse last night. I shot 40 rounds through it today, it was flawless like the 4.6". Yes they have very nice triggers!
Do you notice any less muzzle rise out of the 4.6"? Any other perceivable differences between the 4" and 4.6"?

Sportsman's Warehouse has the 4.6" back in stock for $599. That is $50 less than it has been selling for recently.

Just waiting on the 4" to show up...

I like the S&W M&P series and am a fan of the 2.0.
However as an avid and frequent shooter My input is that both for cost and for impact on my wrist, training regularly with 10mm is impossible.

And a gun that you dont train with on the regular is much less effective tool.
All my handguns are 9mm and i have thousands of rounds through each of them (except the one I just bought a couple weeks ago), with 10mm this would be impossible.

Aside from recreational shooting is there an advantage of 10MM over 9MM for self defense?
10mm enables you to use a given firearm as a trail gun as 10mm has some effectiveness against some of the larger dangerous animals in North America.
But aian you compromise your self defense aspect as you'll no one shoots 10mm as much as they would an equivalent 9mm gun.

Back