Royal Purple Long Rider 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little search on this oil and didn't find much. How does this oil compare in quality to other synthetics such as Schaeffer 5W-40, Rotella T Syn., Delvac 1, etc.? Thanks for the input.

Well, I did another search without the "Long Rider" part and got quite a bit of info. So, I have another question and I appologize for my ignorance in advance, but does RP make two different versions of 15w-40 (Long Rider and regular RP), or are they one in the same? Thanks.

I believe the 15-40 is diesel rated oil, my friend has used it for 10K OCI's in his 6.0 for years and loves it. Don't know about the Long Rider designation????

Go to the "virgin Oil analysis" section and compare the oils you want to use, along with the comments. Best way. NO imho involved.

In addition to the VOA section, try and search for UOA's as well and see how the oils held up in the field.

I've used RP in street vehicles, wasn't impressed and don't use it anymore.

I've used RP in drag engines, three bracket cars dialing 8.20, 8.34 and 8.50, and have had good results.

I haven't used any RP diesel synthetics so I can't comment there, so my previous statements are probably not much use to you, but I thought I'd ramble on anyway.
sleeping.gif

If you are interested in using it after checking out the UOA/VOA's then try two OCI's. Run the first and sample if you feel like it, but don't read too much into the first run. After the second run do another UOA and make your decision on that information. I seem to recall someone using it in a 7.3 PowerStroke and commenting that it was performing well, can't remember who it was at the moment (great memory, works just like a sieve)
banghead.gif

I Run It in All My Trucks (Long rider oil) We Run a Fleet Of Trucks Hauling Cattle (off road) And Coast To Coast, Most Are Dodge Diesel, I Think We Have a Gaser Or Two Around , We Have Great Luck Running Long Rider,I Have Tried Moble 1 ,Amsoil, And Long Rider Is Far The Best In My Books, We Have It in Our Grasshopper lawn Mower ! The MPG Gain alone Is Worth It .

Regards,
col.

Quote:

I Run It in All My Trucks (Long rider oil) We Run a Fleet Of Trucks Hauling Cattle (off road) And Coast To Coast, Most Are Dodge Diesel, I Think We Have a Gaser Or Two Around , We Have Great Luck Running Long Rider,I Have Tried Moble 1 ,Amsoil, And Long Rider Is Far The Best In My Books, We Have It in Our Grasshopper lawn Mower ! The MPG Gain alone Is Worth It .

Regards,
col.

Howdy, I am just wondering what you base your decision on with the RP-LongRider oil vs. All the other synthetics?

Mileage, UOA's, Length of Service, or cost?]

Thanks,
LCM

Quote:

Quote:

Regards,
col.

Howdy, I am just wondering what you base your decision on with the RP-LongRider oil vs. All the other synthetics?

Mileage, UOA's, Length of Service, or cost?]

Thanks,
LCM

Well To Be Strait Up with You , I Know The Guys at Long Rider (TULSA OKLAHOMA ) I Know There Oil ,Its The Best i have Ever Used, I Have seen Guys Run It in Long Haul Trucks
Running 70-80k on the oil and more , we Have used It in our Cattle Trucks For Years and Years Before Syn Oil Was Cool To Use ! We Get Great Milage,Low Temps,Engine Life ,we have a dodge cummins with 275 k on her no one has worked on that truck except Reg maint and oil Changes Every 15k. it Just a Great Oil , We Have Used It So Long Now and belive in it We Have Just Started Selling It ! There Gear Oil Is OUTSTANDING.

Col.

I was told a by a moderator about a year ago that their is a difference between RP15W40 and the 15W40 LongRider. He told me that the LongRider was a better product. He had been useing the regular RP 15W40 in his PSD with great results. I did not ask what the differences were and I have no first hand experince. I am just passing along what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back