Rototiller buying advice

So an update on this old thread. I found some nice used units, Honda, BCS and an old Horse. Issue was distance, just way to far to look at. The horse was an old unit, solid but I don't have time for another project.

Our friends came by with their little JD 2305 and hit up the arena 3 times. It's real nice! So that got rid of the need for a heavy duty tiller. I had not been interested in the Husky Drt900 at first but my wife found a next to new one fairly local and cheap. An old couple was dumping it as they retired off their acreage and there was paint still on the tines. So we scooped that. The little GCV160 starts first pull and runs real smooth.

It made quick work of our small 50' round pen and will start on the garden plot for next year.

Rototillers, eh?
I got a little Sun Joe corded electric tiller, and I love it. 16" wide, 12 amp motor.
As infrequently as I till, I figured the zero maintenance of electric unit would be best. And it was only $120. Just don't till over the cord.
grin2.gif

Look for a Troy Bilt Horse tiller. They are tanks. Bought a used one 10 years ago. Besides my yard use, I did tilling as a side job. Local I charged $50/hr for 1st. hour, and $10/1/4hr after that. Most gardens took 45 min - an hour. Out of town, I charged $1/mile one way distance.
Only repair need was new motor, when it grabbed a root and propelled it into a fence post. New Predator motor was $100.

Back