Rotella T5 as a “motor flush”?

I have two jugs of T5 just sitting around. Car is a 2011 Ford focus 2.0 and I was just wondering if you guys think it would be a bad idea to use the T5 as a motor flush. Would run the car for about three weeks and then do a complete oil change. Thoughts?

Thanks for the welcome and the responses guys.

The only reason I say to use it as a “flush” is it’s a “diesel” oil and I don’t know how long, if at all, I can run it with no ill effects. The car is about to turn 250k and I have no clue on the previous owner. Car runs great and gets 38mpg on the highway, so the truth is there’s no issue I’m trying to resolve other than making sure I take care of it the best I can. Being a “diesel” oil I’ve been under the impression it has lots of detergents in there and rather than dump a traditional motor flush in it I’d just use this. From the sounds of it though, it sounds like I can use it as regular oil and run it a full 3,000 to 5,000 miles.

For the life of me I can’t remember why I bought it only that it was about 7 years ago and dirt cheap. I bought 3 jugs of it.

Thanks again for all the responses so far and thanks in advance for any further info 👍🏼

The best flush you can do with that is just to run it for a full interval. Why take it out fast? it'll only do less work and be a waste of both time and money.

Does your car burn oil?

If it does you may get an o2 sensor error after a regular duration oil change. (Ask me how I know)

Thankfully downstream o2 and it cleared after using normal oil

I have read that high phosphorous above 800 might be a little detrimental to catalytic converters, T5 in 2018 clocked in at 1177 in the below post. There is an often cited government study from 1977 but its behind a paywall. There is also 469 results searching bob is the oil guy and high phosphorous, also linked below. Enjoy the rabbit hole and someone let me know the TLDR conclusion. For the record OP I think your engine will love T5 and be whisper quiet. 🤡

Back