Rotella 5w40 T6 in 2007 Honda Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone running this lube in any Honda ATV with a manual trans?
I have run mostly Amsoil Motorcycle 10w40 but I have been hearing good things about rotella ,and its alot cheaper so I decided to give it a try since it has the JASO MA rating now.

So far with about 15 hard miles on the oil it feels like it shifts harder and it seems noisier , BUT it might just be me.

No clutch slippage so Im happy about that.
What do yall think?
Thanks!

It is a good oil, it is not the end all be all of oils as some make it up to be. I personally dooo like that oil and think it will do fine as long as your warranty (if you have one) calls for that spec. I say keep it in. Amsoil is a higher quality oil so if you can't sleep about it change back. The Rotella is fine though. I like Amsoil too but prices are steep.

Last edited:
Im definently leaving it in.
The shifting is not unresonably hard it just seems a little harder than with the Amsoil fill.

It is the Elecric shift model.
The ground was covered in snow so that may have had something to do with the shiftinng characteristics.

I run T6 in My Suzuki Eiger it has worked great. The bike runs smooth it starts up in freezing weather and warms up pretty fast. I am very happy with it

Rotella is just another commodity oil made to be price competitive. People falsely assume diesel oils are better, it gives them a feeling of superior knowledge that they can say they use diesel oil in their ATV.

I have had several riders tell me they read on the internet to use diesel oil in their ATV because its better. Another myth in the early stages.

I use Rotella 5w40 in all my atvs,utv, lawn mowers, generators, 2 hondas, 1 yamaha, 1 john deere gator, 5 john deere lawn mowers, 4 generators, plus numerous small air cooled engines. Very satisfied with the product, have used it for about 15 years. Considering using it in new 2011 Polaris, may wait till it is out of warranty. Polaris specs. a PS4 plus. Which I do not know what viscosity that is ?

I never thought it was better than the Amsoil I used to run. I just wanted something more cost effective and its half the price!

Rotella is not the holy grail of oils. It is a reasonably priced and readily available group 3. It seems to work well in cars and trucks.

i run rts 5w-40 in my 1996 honda trx 300 fourtrax. it shifts smooth and runs great in it. i have absolutely no complaints at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back