Ridiculous censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
This forum is run like a Catholic sunday school. It is what it is.

I'd say Southern Baptist.

I've been to some Catholic parish picnics. Imagine the shock this young Baptist encountered when the priest had a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

I've split the difference today, I'm Methodist
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
I learned English from action Video games and TV, sorry haha, i can perfectly speak english without swearing but sometimes it just feels natural to use some swear words, i guess in the US people are brought up in a more "puritan" society but here in Spain when i was in high school my teachers used swear words in class regularly for example.
Playing hundreds of hours of GTA probably had some effect on my language
laugh.gif

It's not that the people in the U.S. are brought up in a more puritan society, it's mostly that there's a lot of older people on here.

My family, friends, and myself aren't careful with our words, and say plenty of bad ones. But the rules here are not our decision.

BTW, I don't think the C word is censored here, which is strange. But the word for poop that starts with a "C" is censored. I think the word for flatulence that starts with "F" is censored also. Weird.

The censorship here doesn't bother me at all; if we didn't have it this forum would degenerate into something like mazdaspeed forums .org. I like it here because we (generally) stay on topic and there's little combative nonsense - we're about lubrication and everything that needs it. The minute I'm on a forum and the key board warriors step in, I step out - there's simply too many good places on the internet to hang out besides there.

I think it improves overall professionalism.

Notice how people are more polite, just because they are dressed nice/formally. Strange Psychology.

Why does this [censored] forum have so many [censored] censored words, it's really [censored] annoying.

Why are so many people incapable of speaking or writing without using profanity? The constant use of profanity, especially in a venue where it's not appropriate, only serves to make the speaker/author look exceedingly unintelligent.

You know what? There are plenty of places on the internet to swear and act afoul. BITOG has kept it clean for years and I think that has really trimmed down the crowd here to a very responsible bunch.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
You know what? There are plenty of places on the internet to swear and act afoul. BITOG has kept it clean for years and I think that has really trimmed down the crowd here to a very responsible bunch.

+1

If you don't care for the way this forum is run, then leave. I support the non filthy language rule BITOG has.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
This forum is run like a Catholic sunday school. It is what it is.

Great analogy and we do believe that there are school kids that read this forum. I like to think that we can show kids an example that a forum on the internet can be without profanity.

I agree that it makes for a family friendly and professional environment. If you google search anything about engine oil or filters, links to BITOG come up in the search.

When I'm under a car and bang my arm while alone in the garage, the expletives fly. When I'm attending a work meeting or family function, I watch my language.

I know a girl who's last name is C-h-r-i-s-t. Pronounced "Krissed". I cant believe that is censored.

There's nothing worse that hearing grown adults who use cusswords like they're going out of style. Makes you feel like you're surrounded by overgrown children.

What is your major malfunction?? Good grief. Ease up a good bit. No need in that. And you just had a vacation as well.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Quick Tip: Click the "Quote" button in the bottom right corner to reveal the censored words in a post!

Haha I never knew that,that's awesome!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I think it improves overall professionalism.

Notice how people are more polite, just because they are dressed nice/formally. Strange Psychology.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Why does this [censored] forum have so many [censored] censored words, it's really [censored] annoying.

Why are so many people incapable of speaking or writing without using profanity? The constant use of profanity, especially in a venue where it's not appropriate, only serves to make the speaker/author look exceedingly unintelligent.

That was just a deliberate exaggeration to make my point, i never use that many swear words.

I find the American censoring a bit annoying...well, downright strange. I had a post taken down for using the word black. Where I come from we use that word to describe a colour. But I can swear in my native tongue, which makes me laugh.

I surprised that dark color word is censored, or maybe the context? Not trying to put blame on you. Sometimes the PC system we have here goes too far in the other direction.

i appreciate the fact this forum keeps it clean. When certain words are spoken constantly by someone, it makes me less appreciative of that person. It's bad enough to hear it in stores, restaurants, and other public places where kids pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back