Redline SL-1 and Chevron Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

I have a quick question wether it is semi compatable to mix in the same tank of gas Redline SL-1 on top of a small bottle of Chevron Techron.

I bought a half a tank of Cosco gas and wanted to buy a big bottle of Techron. The parts store only had a small bottle so I tossed that in the tank. It's good for 10 gallons.

I believe the bottle of SL-1 is good for 20 gallons so I want to add that to supplement the gas. Redline is cheaper compared to Techron so price is a consideration.

My question is can they both be mixed and used safely?????

Durango

I would not mix them....but I do use both products....

I add a bottle of Techron (12 0z) to my 14 gallion fuel tank about every six months or so (Prior to changing oil)..

Then, at every fill-up I add 1.5 to 2oz. of Redline Sl=1 for continued maintainance to keep the fuel system clean.

My vehicle runs great using this routine.

Techron & RedLine Sl-1 fuel system consentrate

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hello to all,

I have a quick question wether it is semi compatable to mix in the same tank of gas Redline SL-1 on top of a small bottle of Chevron Techron.

My question is can they both be mixed and used safely?????

Durango

I have used Redline with Chevron gas which has techron in it.

LT4 Vette,

Thanks for your lasr reply. Currently gas over here in Los Angeles has remained pretty stable but my stupid areas Shell gas station is the highest of everyone of them. Regular $3.44/gallon, Mid-Grade $3.55/gallon and the whopper is Premium $3.66/gallon!!!!! I don't know how this guy has such BULL to charge those prices BUT I admit the fancy rich people are buying it.

Anyway I'm either going with Arco or Cosco gasoline and every other month add a bottle of either Techron or Redline to the tank.

Later,

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back