Red calipers only for sports cars

How about painting them silver? I hate the way they look when they rust and would consider silver to be the go-to color of choice if I just want them to look nice without being "race car red".

I painted the front calipers in my Cobalt silver and it was a good 10+ years before they started showing any hint of rust.

1704233855039.jpg

How about painting them silver? I hate the way they look when they rust and would consider silver to be the go-to color of choice if I just want them to look nice without being "race car red".

I painted the front calipers in my Cobalt silver and it was a good 10+ years before they started showing any hint of rust.
Does brake fluid damage the paint once you paint them.

Does brake fluid damage the paint once you paint them.
Yes. I called the POR-15 people about their paint and while they said brake/parts cleaner is fine and won't hurt the paint, brake fluid will. I don't make a habit of spilling brake fluid on my calipers so I don't care.

That's true, but there's a downside as well. The paint adds unsprung weight which can often affect the ride quality and handling, and the paint, if not properly applied, can upset airflow around the wheels and hurt mileage or range.
Paint adds enough unsprung weight to effect the ride …
I need more time on that thought …

Back