Recommend a combo Leaf Blower & Vacuum

This article has a 2023 list but would like to hear any and all opinions?

Mainly I need to pickup tropical leaves (ie Mango) and Oak and I compost these so need an easy way to empty bag and can then wheelbarrow it to compost area

My main concern is quality and secondary is Oh No -- not another battery to maintain and re-purchase in a couple years for cordless.
Corded issue which is also secondary concern is Oh No -- another extension cord to setup for long distance from power outlet.

I have a Ryobi I bought many years ago (~10+) from Home Depot. It still runs great and has the vacuum attachment. I like it because it has good power and mulches the leaves saving me room in my compost pile. Personally I would buy gas over electric/battery for ease of use and convenience.

Just my $0.02

I bought a Toro corded handheld leaf/vac a couple of years ago. I like it because it makes picking up leaves easy. I can just mindlessly meander across my lawn sucking up leaves. A tarp and rake are much more efficient during the week or 2 of heavy leaf fall, but outside of that time, my little vac is my choice. I have thought about getting a large push vac - like a billy goat - just for the added bagging capacity

I wouldn’t waste your money. Get a powerful blower and blow the stuff onto a large tarp that you can then use to transport the leaves to the compost heap. My cordless Milwaukee is good for driveway and sidewalk, but to get live oak leaves off of my lawn, I need my gas backpack unit.

Yeah, I owned a Blower Vac years ago and came to the conclusion it's just too slow and took to much time....I much prefer the Blower/Tarp idea

Will give the WORX WG509 with a trash bin "cover" a try out. This setup allows me to park a giant trash bin and the machine has rotating metal blades to cut the incoming leaves. The "cover" is a breathing mesh over the edges of the bin.

Back