Rec. Filter for Updtated Pentastar? 2018 Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always check for the gasket and wipe the filter base down before installing a new filter. The Fleetguards I had been using recently had the gasket stick to the base even after always applying clean oil to the gasket. Switching to the Donaldson filter cured that I’ve noticed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
I always check for the gasket and wipe the filter base down before installing a new filter. The Fleetguards I had been using recently had the gasket stick to the base even after always applying clean oil to the gasket. Switching to the Donaldson filter cured that I’ve noticed.

I had a rash of gaskets sticking to the filter base. It did not matter who made the filter. A little brake cleaner on a rag cleaned whatever residue was causing the sticking. After the brake cleaner cleanup, a simple wipe down is all that is needed. No more sticking gaskets.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Konstantine
No, it's the MO-349. Anyone with half a brain could look at both filters and determine that the Fram filter is the better constructed filter.

When the XG came out for our application I tried it. The filter looked well constructed. It did fit super tight into the filter cap, I really had to force it into the cap for it to snap into place. When it came time for an OCI, I bought another XG. This time I noticed excess plastic bits hanging off on the four "legs" and that had me second guessing. Went back to WM to exchange them and sure enough the two new ones I purchased had the same manufacturing defects. I returned them for two MO-349's which looked perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back