Really appreciate BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a member for over 10 years, but I have two eyes and one brain, so I mainly come here just to read and learn. I won't live long enough to understand all the information available on the site, it's become a huge rabbit hole, but I'm glad it's here. I just wanted to express my appreciation for all the valuable experience and advice shared here by so many good people. Again, Thanks, so very much .

SS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 1965 Impala SS. Great car I bet. My Dad had a yellow 65 Impala with the 327 I think......I was a just wee one, so I don't know for sure. Thank you for your kind comments re BITOG. Ditto, as I feel the same way.

BITOG is also way more than car stuff as you probably have come to know. There's GON's funny submissions, his crafty food menus, and his questionable CoPart hunts....LOL.......all of which I enjoy immensly.

Plus there are other members who have some really nice cars on here......too many to mention, but for me personally Jeff K's 1968 Corvette roadster comes to mind......I am sucker for all all pre Bowling Green built cars because they were made here in my home town of STL.....exception being the 300 1953 models.

If you get a chance, check the VIN of your Impala, to see if it was a STL built vehicle.

Attachments

• C3 Corvette Assembly STL.jpg
    C3 Corvette Assembly STL.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 11
The amount of knowledge here is incredible. For me, the tool advice has been spot on. @Trav suggested a Makita impact that has rendered my compressor to the backyard shed. @The Critic has freely offered no nonsense advice time and time again.

It goes on.
@Wrenchturner44 if you are interested in classic Corvettes, well my neighbor has a 66 Coupe that he took in for paint about 2 years ago. He was quoted $20K. The final bill was $56K... Run Forrest run! I appreciate the kind words...

I've been a member for over 10 years, but I have two eyes and one brain, so I mainly come here just to read and learn. I won't live long enough to understand all the information available on the site, it's become a huge rabbit hole, but I'm glad it's here. I just wanted to express my appreciation for all the valuable experience and advice shared here by so many good people. Again, Thanks, so very much .
Great 1st post. A man of amazing patience and few words is rare these days!

BTW - Much as I'd like to, I do not own the '65 Chevrolet pictured. I just used the file to decorate my first post. I've sold all the old vehicles I had, even the '72 C-10 is gone gone. I gave up and bought a Toyota pickup just for point A to B ... got other fish to fry nowadays .

BTW - Much as I'd like to, I do not own the '65 Chevrolet pictured. I just used the file to decorate my first post. I've sold all the old vehicles I had, even the '72 C-10 is gone gone. I gave up and bought a Toyota pickup just for point A to B ... got other fish to fry nowadays .
I understand your position perfectly. As I get older and realize that I no longer can do some of the repairs that I use to because of physical limitations it makes me sad. I buffed out and waxed my 21 year old Durango on Sunday and my hands are still tingling from using the buffer as long as I did. I use to be able to do that for 8-10 hours a day with no problem.......unfortunately those days are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back